PDA

View Full Version : Gemini Ring Saw

Michael Simpson Virgina
02-04-2010, 2:15 AM
Im getting ready to order a revolution XT Ringsaw, Sliding table, and stand.

Has any one ever delt with "Contractors Direct". They seem to be very responsive to my questions. Much better than the other dealers I have contracted.

Doug Griffith
02-04-2010, 12:33 PM
Slightly off topic but I know the owner of Gemini and I even designed a part used on that saw (vac-formed water circulation tray). It is a very well built piece of gear and I highly recommend it. The owner is also a really nice guy.

Tom Bull
02-04-2010, 2:27 PM
If this is the one used in stained glass shops, I agree quality tool, but remember it is slow cutting.

Michael Simpson Virgina
02-05-2010, 3:40 PM
I found a local distributer and was able to get a demo unit (un opened box) for a song. Saw, Sliding Try, Stand, double sided blade for $1250.

It works great and cuts ceramic tiles like butter. I did have a problem as one of the motor mounting screws came loose and worked its way into the main drive wheel. It damaged the main wheel and it needs to be replaced as well as the belt.

I fixed the problem but the wheel and the belt needs replacing, as it vibrates a little now. We will now see how good the customer support is.