PDA

View Full Version : Photo on glass and granite

lisa farrell
02-03-2010, 3:43 PM
Hi Creekers, I have a small problem. I engraved a photo on glass and granite inverted, and got the white background although i did everything i think that should be done to remove it before lasering. I also lasered it without inverting and the background was not present, just the head.as i wanted it when inverted. Can anyone tell me what I am missing? Thanks Robert PS I inverted in corel x3 before printing and also inverted in printer driver only same result.

Dave Russell Smith
02-03-2010, 3:55 PM
Lisa can you post the image it will help us out a little more with the problem

Frank Corker
02-03-2010, 4:00 PM
Lisa certain programs will not show the colour the removed background is. It's called the transparency layer, with some it is white, with others it is black. You need to check your options to see what yours defaults to.

Dee Gallo
02-03-2010, 5:19 PM
Lisa,

When you look at the image before you invert, does the area around the head appear black or white? It should be black. If it's white, it will invert to black and print as such.

:) dee

lisa farrell
02-03-2010, 5:42 PM
hi these are the pics (1) on black granite (2) lasertile
(3)galss inverted (4)glass not inverted .the glass was just a test no particular setting just testing new to me rotary attachment.

Scott Shepherd
02-03-2010, 5:51 PM
Lisa, you need to remove that background. It's as Frank said, the background is white, it needs to be transparent. There's a huge difference in a white background and a transparent one.

Frank Corker
02-03-2010, 5:56 PM
You are also going to get a fair amount of distortion on the glass because of its () shape.

lisa farrell
02-03-2010, 6:17 PM
I had saved it from photo-paint with no back ground. When the pic was placed in coreldraw all i saw was the face and the 4 nodes around it. I can't remember if there was a black background when it was inverted but as the results shows there was one how do i correct this thanks agaiin

lisa farrell
02-03-2010, 7:19 PM
Thanks guys changed background to black lasered without background thanks again I love this place