PDA

View Full Version : Helix questions - Registration and job saying done before doing anything.

Adam Craig
02-03-2010, 3:36 PM
Hello I have two questions I'm hoping you all can help me with.

I just fired up my used (new to me) Helix Laser and am having a few issues.

1. How do you set the origin on the laser/reset to factory settings. My engraves need to be dead on.

2. When in Corel, I made some basic shapes and hoped to vector cut a piece of paper. I made the shapes, setup the dashboard and hit print. I Hit go on the helix and it beeps and says done even though it hasn't done anything. I don't seem to have any problems with raster cutting though. Any ideas?

Thanks,
Adam

Tom Bull
02-03-2010, 3:41 PM
Make sure your image is drawn in hairline size lines.

Dave Russell Smith
02-03-2010, 3:42 PM
Adam make sure any vectors lines to be cut are set too hairline anything above that size will not cut

Niklas Bjornestal
02-03-2010, 3:46 PM
And make sure to turn color management off.

Frank Corker
02-03-2010, 3:53 PM
Both are right. That beep will only happen when the line (which you think is hairline) actually isn't. Click on the line in question and you should see what yours is by using the dropdown marker. See the images below. One will show the highlighted line and if you look bottom right of screen you will see it is clearly marked hairline. That will vector cut.

Adam Craig
02-03-2010, 5:21 PM
Ok, cool. The hairline tip worked great. Thanks guys.

So, How do I set the registration.. It thinks home is about an inch south of where it needs to be and about 1/8 of an inch west. Is this an easy fix?

Real Mercier
02-03-2010, 10:53 PM
Another thing to remember is that the piece size on the epilog dashboard must match the page size in CorelDraw exactly. Any difference between the two will shift the registration. In fact if the difference is large enough, you can shift the drawing off the page giving you the same problem. The machine will beep, say done and it has done nothing.

Also for odd shaped pieces, I like the center/center function.

Hope this helps.

Real Mercier

Rob Bosworth
02-04-2010, 9:37 AM
You can contact Epilog and have them give you the pre-set/ default parameters from your machine. Just give them the serial number and firmware revision of your Helix, and they can pull up the settings from their file.

Matching page size is very important.