PDA

View Full Version : WA State woodworking stores

eric eaton
02-03-2010, 12:28 PM
On a trip in the Bremerton area, any suggestions for non chain woodworking stores ?

Thanks

Brad Wood
02-03-2010, 1:09 PM
On a trip in the Bremerton area, any suggestions for non chain woodworking stores ?

Thanks

you could take the ferry up to Bellingham and visit the Grizzly showroom there

other than that, I've got nothing. I live in SW WA, so my choices are pretty much all in Portland

Greg Johnson
02-03-2010, 1:12 PM
I like this place in Poulsbo: http://www.dscindustrial.com/ It is just a few miles north of Bremerton. They have lightened my wallet a few times......

Greg

Stan Urbas
02-03-2010, 6:29 PM
I, like Greg, use DSC in Poulsbo quite a bit. The next one I'd strongly recommend is Edensaw in Port Townsend. Not super close to Bremertobn, but THE source of many types of lumber for any of yor woodworking projects. They also have quite a selection of tools and are in the process of becoming a Rockler affiliate later this spring.

Josiah Bartlett
02-04-2010, 4:05 AM
you could take the ferry up to Bellingham and visit the Grizzly showroom there

other than that, I've got nothing. I live in SW WA, so my choices are pretty much all in Portland

If you go up to Bellingham, visit Hardware Sales. Its what every hardware store should be.

Also, be aware that the Bellingham Grizzly store is closed on weekends.

Sorry I can't recommend anything else- I moved out of the Seattle area 15 years ago.