PDA

View Full Version : Corel Text Issue

Tim Bateson
02-03-2010, 7:52 AM
I’m not sure what I did, but as I type text into Corel it is all vertical. I use the hot keys to swing it horizontal, but how do I get it to stay that way for the next time I enter text?
I’ve had a few oddities like this. A few months ago all of my boxes/circles/etc... were invisible by default until I clicked color fill. That problem just as suddenly went away a few weeks ago. Another time my default work area was different in different tabs. That too has strangely gone away. Could loading a Corel file change my default properties or am I accidently changing properties some-how?

Doug Lynch
02-03-2010, 8:13 AM
Try resetting the current workspace to the default settings by holding down F8 while starting the program. This should set things right.

Doug Lynch

Carl Sewell
02-03-2010, 10:26 AM
Try holding down the Ctrl and pressing the comma key.

The toggle is Ctrl plus the period key.

For your other problems, I believe some settings stick with the drawing. Next time you see those other problems. Load another drawing and see if it behaves the same way. Anytime you change any settings you can Tools> Options> Save settings as default, which should load those settings for new drawings, but not for an existing drawing.