PDA

View Full Version : Anyone from Savannah Ga???

Joe Shinall
02-02-2010, 11:23 PM
I just saw a post talking about lumber yards and was wondering if anyone here is from around the Savannah Ga area and knew of a lumber yard anywhere that I don't know about. Have to make trips to my sister in Atlanta and go to Highland or Rockler to get wood. That, or go down to Woodcraft in Jax. Really sucks because I have to buy whatever I can find instead of being able to make weekly trips and find good pieces :(. Any help please?!?!?!

Aaron Berk
02-03-2010, 2:44 AM
Does Gaster Lumber have any thing? It's out on Abercorn (204) I've never been there but I'm guessing it might be a builders type lumber yard. So don't get your hopes to high.
I know Moes discount lumber and salvage on Bay St. can order all sorts of stock, never used them yet though.

Good luck
I'm out on Wilmington Island. PM me if your ever out on my Island:D

Aaron

Maurice Ungaro
02-03-2010, 9:45 AM
Hey guys,
Gaster really caters to the construction trade. Someone had given me the name of a place off of MLK - but it evades me now. I'll hunt it down and get back with you .

Joe Shinall
02-03-2010, 1:56 PM
Thanks Maurice, I don't know any woodworkers around the area so I have noone that knows.

Bruce Wrenn
02-03-2010, 10:44 PM
Check over at Woodworkers Guild of Georgia for help. Save me a spot down by the fire station for THE parade

John A. Callaway
02-16-2010, 8:11 PM
another savannah native. Out in Pooler now, ya know.... it's cooler in Pooler and all....haha .

Gaster Is purely contracting and construction materials. Worked there for several years in High School.

Daniel Lumber sometimes has stuff in their warehouse, and they will order any domestic hardwood you want 4 sides finished or rough...

I believe Guerry Lumber has been catering to SCAD for years now, so I believe they are stocking exotics and domestics for the industrial design and furniture design departments. I am not sure on that though. Next time I tag along with the wife to the Industrial design building ( crazy dream woodshop they got in there ) I will ask where they are getting materials from...

Maurice Ungaro
02-16-2010, 8:28 PM
John,
Don't know if Guerry is supplying SCAD or not, but that is the name I was trying to remember. Where are they located?

Aaron Berk
02-16-2010, 11:22 PM
John,
Don't know if Guerry is supplying SCAD or not, but that is the name I was trying to remember. Where are they located?

Sounds like a place I'd like to shop, guess I can google it's location if you can't find the place off hand.

John A. Callaway
02-17-2010, 11:55 AM
on barnard, near victory drive....

J. Linwood Jackson
03-01-2010, 3:37 AM
hmmm. Total Fabrication. Well..at least when I went there and got my degree in furniture design..those hippies had some nice wood for sale.
downtown..near the old train station,tourist place.
Not sure if they are still around..but...they might help ya.
McClendons rare woods in Atlanta has a lot of realllly cool stuff. that place is one of a kind.