PDA

View Full Version : Any PM 14" BS Owners Getting Good Resaw Results?

Eric DeSilva
02-02-2010, 10:19 PM
I'm starting to get frustrated. I feel like I've tried everything to get decent resaw results, and I'm not getting them. I've tried thin blades and I've tried thick blades. I've tried a resaw fence and doing it free hand. I just can't get consistent results. Is it the PM saw? Am I expecting too much from a 14" bandsaw?

Tonight I put on a new Laguna 3/4" carbide blade, tensioned it up, and tried both with the fence and without. FBOW, I get better results freehand, as long as what I'm trying to do is bisect a piece. Did great taking nice thin strips off a 2.5" piece of cherry. Then I jumped up to about a 6" piece of bloodwood... I'd start the cut, move slowly and gently, but 1-2" into the piece, the blade would start coming off vertical (even with the fence) and--even though it was in the middle of the board at the top, it would be starting to come out the side of the board at the bottom... I'm a little leery of cranking the tension too far past the 3/4" mark on the tensioner. Any other ideas?