PDA

View Full Version : Bosch ROS replacement pads

Brian Kent
02-02-2010, 6:20 PM
My Bosch ROS hook and loop pad is worn out and I need to get it replaced quickly. It is the Bosch 1295 EVSK.

First, does anyone know whether the standard pad that comes with it is the hard, soft, or extra soft?

Second, is there a source that could send me a replacement faster than the 10 days it usually takes to get stuff from CPOBosch?

I do not find a Bosch service place within an hours drive and I have not found replacement pads at local HD or Lowes.

Thanks in advance.

Brian

Bob Wingard
02-02-2010, 7:00 PM
LOWE'S sells replacement hook & loop base pieces for just such an application. If your pad is not damaged .. just worn out h&l .. this should fix it.

Ben Franz
02-02-2010, 7:49 PM
I bought a pad from ereplacementparts.com - pretty decent portable tool parts inventory and good service, too.

Mike Henderson
02-02-2010, 7:57 PM
This isn't that fast, but try ereplacementparts.com (http://www.ereplacementparts.com/) Just click on "Bosch parts" on the side and follow to your sander.

They can probably ship to you overnight but it'll be expensive. Order two so you'll have a spare. I usually order a replacement pad shortly after I buy a new sander just because the pads seem to fail quickly once they start failing.

Mike

Brian Kent
02-02-2010, 8:38 PM
Bob, I followed your lead for just the hook and loop part and not the whole pad. My Lowes did not have one but Home Depot did. Before now I had looked fro the whole pad, which neither had for a Bosch.

Thank you all.

Now I have to figure out how to take off the old "skin".

Brian

James Walters
02-02-2010, 9:12 PM
Brian i just got mine for the Bosch 3725 R.O. sander from Amazon ordered it last thursday and got it sat. and it came from CPOBosch?

Brian Kent
02-02-2010, 9:31 PM
Actually, what I got is called a Norton Conversion Pad, made to convert a PSA sander to a Hook and Look sander. Playing with my sander just now leads me to believe that I can't just remove the black plastic hook and loop part and stick this on. I don't know if I can slap the whole thing over the old one and have something that works until a can get a whole replacement pad.

Right?

Will that work?

I'll try it, I'll let you know, and then I'll be an expert*

*a spurt is a drip of water under pressure, so an "expert" is "a former drip under pressure".

Prashun Patel
02-02-2010, 10:38 PM
Good luck with that...

The pad that comes with the Bosch ROS is a medium or soft pad.

Kevin Groenke
02-02-2010, 10:59 PM
What's with ~$20 for a plastic, foam and velcro? Especially when students tend not to notice that velcro doesn't sand as well as alox.

I would start w/Amazon, but I also get repair parts from toolpartsdirect.com. They're not fast but they'll send you parts for most of the tools in your quiver.

Of course I cannot find replacement discs or vac adaptors for our 3 Matabo FSX200 ROS's.

Grrrr.

Bob Wingard
02-03-2010, 1:00 AM
Start up your sander, and hold it against some 80 grit or so sandpaper .. it will scrub the little hooks (loops ??) right off.

Brian Kent
02-03-2010, 1:09 AM
Well, i like your sandpaper idea better than what I did - put a little 5 minute epoxy on the old surface, put on the new piece, and clamped it flat.

Worked.

But for next time, I ordered a replacement pad too. But now I don't care how long it takes to get here.