View Full Version : Where can I purchase LED Lights

Keith Outten
10-23-2004, 1:28 PM
I'm looking for a source to purchase small 12 volt LED string lights for acrylic signs. Does anyone know of a source for these lights?

Ian Barley
10-23-2004, 1:57 PM
Do you mean the "glowing string" kind of lights - a continuous length of glowing material - if so their main use over her in UK is by "case modders" who are effectively people who bulild custom PC cases and in custom cars. If I was looking over here I would start with the suppliers of those markets.

If you are looking more for the Rope light kind of thing, I have seen an advert for a supplier in Fine Homebuilding but unfortunately no longer have access to the copies - might be worth looking in their. A Google search turned up a few possibles - this one looks interesting?

Jamie Buxton
10-23-2004, 3:11 PM
Keith, I'm not quite sure what you want. There are things generally called rope lights which are strings of tiny lights in a vinyl tube (for instance, http://www.ropelight.net/). However, they're incandescent, not LED. You can buy them to run on 120 volts, or to run on 12 volts. Home Depot carries them. Is that what you want?

Wes Bischel
10-23-2004, 4:31 PM

i have not made a purchase from them, but they do have what you were asking about.



Sparky Paessler
10-23-2004, 7:47 PM

this may be what you are looking for. http://www.us-led.com/ These are the high intinesty leds for sign lighting.