PDA

View Full Version : Chewbarka

Brian Robison
02-02-2010, 10:43 AM
Hi Folks,
What kind of pricing is used for Chewbarka tags?
I have the wholesale price list, I was wondering about retail.

Dan Mazurak
02-02-2010, 11:08 AM
I will tell you what to charge if you can tell me what my grocery bill will be this week? Am I being a jackass, no.

I have seen them sell for .99 to 8.00, it all depends on your overhead and what kind of profit you want to make, if any. Asking a question without giving us all the variables will not give you an answer you can use.

If someone has a storefront in Manhattan their prices are higher than someone working out of their house in Iowa.

AL Ursich
02-02-2010, 11:47 AM
The more you charge the more the customer will value the item..... :D

AL

Tom Bull
02-02-2010, 12:04 PM
My goal is to 3X cost of materials, 30.00 hr set up/art, 2.00 minute engraving. Sure doesn't always work out, but it is a guideline. Our stuff isn't cheap, but people appreciate and pay for quality.

Tim Bateson
02-02-2010, 12:52 PM
As little as $1 - highly discounted to $12 - dual sided - no discount

Frank Corker
02-02-2010, 2:17 PM
Dan your grocery bill will be $175

Dmitriy Kumets
02-02-2010, 2:17 PM
My goal is to 3X cost of materials, 30.00 hr set up/art, 2.00 minute engraving. Sure doesn't always work out, but it is a guideline. Our stuff isn't cheap, but people appreciate and pay for quality.

I totally agree with Tom - don't forget the cost of set up and engraving. I try to say $1/minute ($60/hr) for design time and engraving although I'll vary that based on the client.

Don't forget that you will most likely want to make a jig for each shape.

If it's simple text I tend to charge $5 single sided. Discount if they are buying lots, raise price if they want pictures/double sided.

donald bugansky
02-02-2010, 4:03 PM
For me I just use....

Cost of sale(2t) = cos2(t) - term(t) = 2cos2(t) - 1 = 1 - 2sin2(t), sin(2t) = Expected Margin(t)cos(t), tan(2t) = 2SIP ID(sip)(1-tan2(t)

Hence, cos(t ± s) = cos(t)cos(s) + sin(Discount)sin(s), sin(t ± s) = sin(t)cos(s) SCVP ID± cos(t)sin(s), tan(t ± s) = (tan(t) ± tan(s))/(1 commission factor(t)tan(s))=price to customer.

Got it? :p

Mark Ross
02-02-2010, 4:41 PM
In my best boomhauer voice (from King of the Hill)

"dubya dubya dubya that there ebay thing man...talking bout I put in dog tag in dat der search function thing man, came back with too many pages..."

$3.99 with free shipping on simple ones, $8.99 for human dog tags with a photo on one side, engraved on the other with free shipping. Then again, a stamp is how much?

You will be competing with the new laser kiosks in the pet stores. If you need a Tax write off, offer to do them for local animal shelters for free. Then you can say $8.99 each and all you are out is time and materials and you lower your tax bill...just sayin'...:)

Gary Hair
02-02-2010, 5:37 PM
For me I just use....

Cost of sale(2t) = cos2(t) - term(t) = 2cos2(t) - 1 = 1 - 2sin2(t), sin(2t) = Expected Margin(t)cos(t), tan(2t) = 2SIP ID(sip)(1-tan2(t)

Hence, cos(t ± s) = cos(t)cos(s) + sin(Discount)sin(s), sin(t ± s) = sin(t)cos(s) SCVP ID± cos(t)sin(s), tan(t ± s) = (tan(t) ± tan(s))/(1 commission factor(t)tan(s))=price to customer.

Got it? :p

How is it that we both came up with the EXACT SAME formula? Better be careful or we'll be accused of price fixing!

Dan Hintz
02-02-2010, 6:18 PM
Donald,

What's the periodicity on your cost function? You may be able to get yourself out of the economic slump simply by adjusting your frequency.

donald bugansky
02-02-2010, 7:50 PM
Exactly! However, I tried the formula on my tax returns with my accountant and it cost me 5 years of pain! :eek: