PDA

View Full Version : Oh Snap!!Punxatawney Phil saw his shadow

Curt Harms
02-02-2010, 10:03 AM
Now it's 6 more weeks of winter. If it had been cloudy, winter would have ended in 42 days:rolleyes:

:D

Belinda Barfield
02-02-2010, 10:21 AM
Move south, Curt, move south. General Lee did not see his shadow and Spring is just around the corner! Woo hoo!

Phyllis Meyer
02-02-2010, 11:38 AM
Here in Wisconsin we have 3 more months of winter...Belinda, how much room do you have, we're coming down!

Phyllis:)

Belinda Barfield
02-02-2010, 1:09 PM
Here in Wisconsin we have 3 more months of winter...Belinda, how much room do you have, we're coming down!

Phyllis:)

Come on down Phyllis. I don't have a lot of room but as my mama would say, "We'll make do."

Actually Savannahians are holding their breath to see what the weather will be for St. Pat's. That's always a little dicey!

Jon Lanier
02-02-2010, 1:52 PM
Ground Hogs don't count. The decision really belongs to us who were born on Feb. 2. I didn't see my shadow today, so there your are!

Belinda Barfield
02-02-2010, 1:56 PM
Ground Hogs don't count. The decision really belongs to us who were born on Feb. 2. I didn't see my shadow today, so there your are!

Well Happy Birthday!

Phyllis Meyer
02-02-2010, 3:11 PM
:)Happy Birthday Jon! As I always say, I hope you get a chocolate cake!

Sincerely,
Phyllis

Lee Schierer
02-02-2010, 3:54 PM
According to the National Weather Service it was completely overcast and snowing in Punxsutawney this morning, must have been all the TV camera lights causing the shadow.....:eek: They also say the woodchuck is only right 39% of the time.

Steve Mawson
02-02-2010, 4:07 PM
They also say the woodchuck is only right 39% of the time.[/QUOTE]

There you go, I really don't think the groundhog gives a hoot what the next 6 weeks will be like. I for one am really ready for spring. This has been a winter to forget or not remember until it is time to tell stories to the grandkids.

Art Mulder
02-02-2010, 4:08 PM
Move south, Curt, move south. General Lee did not see his shadow and Spring is just around the corner! Woo hoo!

Naah... I've been busy putting more layers on the backyard ice rink. I'm good for four more weeks of below-freezing, so the kids can get their fill of sleds and skates.

Talk to me March 1... THEN I want spring. ;)
(of course, a couple days at the Kalahari waterpark resort last week were a nice midwinter tonic also...)

Curt Harms
02-03-2010, 10:32 AM
about Punxatawney Phil's life and its attendant stress found in the local paper
http://www.phillyburbs.com/news/news_details/article/222/2010/february/03/peta-just-doesnt-get-it.html.

Lee Schierer
02-03-2010, 10:41 AM
They also say the woodchuck is only right 39% of the time.

There you go, I really don't think the groundhog gives a hoot what the next 6 weeks will be like. I for one am really ready for spring. This has been a winter to forget or not remember until it is time to tell stories to the grandkids.[/QUOTE]

You have that right when groundhogs come out of their burrows in early February the weather definitely isn't what's on their minds.......

John Coloccia
02-03-2010, 11:04 AM
Shoot. I'm going to need more wood for the Jotul is that's the case. It's been C-C-Cold here in New England.

Mike Conley
02-04-2010, 12:17 PM
That means 6 more weeks of WW before we have to start yard work! :D