PDA

View Full Version : Embroidery

Jamie Cowan
02-01-2010, 11:33 PM
I love Sawmill Creek, and check in just about every day. It is a great resource, and I don't know how I'd get by without it. Which brings me to my question--does anyone know of a forum like this for commercial embroidery? We're having some machine trouble, and having the tech come out cost a fortune, so I'd rather not call him up every time I have a question. We use a Melco four head machine, and I can't really find many resources online. Melco's own site is pretty poor, and not very helpful most of the time. I'd love to find a place like this for embroidery. Anybody know of one?

Doug Sewell
02-02-2010, 10:15 AM
I haven't found anything like the Creek forums for embroidery yet. Everything is always very old and not visited all that much. It's too bad because I think it would help a bunch of people out. I only have the Baby Lock ( six thread single head ) machine and its the easy part. I have Masterworks software, three years later and I'm still finding new stuff out about it. Good luck.

Jamie Cowan
02-02-2010, 11:28 PM
Thanks for the response, Doug. I know what you mean--it's like every resource on the internet is locked in 1998. Not very helpful. I suppose part of the problem is that my job isn't nearly as interesting as my woodworking hobby, and so I don't really explore the machine the way I would a table saw or something.