PDA

View Full Version : Epilog Radius Question

George McGinnis
02-01-2010, 8:53 PM
Can someone point me in the right direction.
I started to engrave a plaque tonight and wan't getting any fire of the laser at all. The machine was moving just fine. I shut everything down and rebooted the computer, I was able to get the engraver to fire finally but it seems to be lacking alot of power. Engraving a particle board plaque at 45 speed and 100power. That is really high compared to last night settings of 80speed 60 power. And comparing the depth of the engraving last night had alot better burn.
Any sugesstions
Thanks George

Joe Peacock
02-01-2010, 11:03 PM
Can someone point me in the right direction.
I started to engrave a plaque tonight and wan't getting any fire of the laser at all. The machine was moving just fine. I shut everything down and rebooted the computer, I was able to get the engraver to fire finally but it seems to be lacking alot of power. Engraving a particle board plaque at 45 speed and 100power. That is really high compared to last night settings of 80speed 60 power. And comparing the depth of the engraving last night had alot better burn.
Any sugesstions
Thanks George
I guess everybody here is going to ask if you cleaned the lenses, so I will be the first.
Particle board puts out a lot of stuff from the burned binding glues used in it's manufacture.
Joe

Peck Sidara
02-02-2010, 9:50 AM
George,

If the laser simply isn't firing at all, I'd check the interlocks. There are a total of 4 armature (sp?) switches, two for the lid, two for the large door. Make sure these switches are fully closed.

If the laser is now firing but has low output. Check the lens and make sure the lens is in the correct slot (green, red, blue). Remove the lens housing and inspect for pits, cracks, dirt etc. Same goes for the mirror above the lens, mirror to the right side of the I-beam. There's also a window in the back right hand corner where the beam enters the cabinet, inspect the same.

Tech support's open now so give them a call to further trouble-shoot. There's another mirror in the back which requires you to remove the laser fan panel. They'll likely have you check your alignment and also make sure the air-assist nozzle (if equipped) isn't getting in the way of the laser beam.

303.215.9171 for quickest resolution.

George McGinnis
02-02-2010, 4:41 PM
I cleaned the lens and mirrors also made sure the green was in the right slot. I can't seem to find anything else wrong. No air assist to get in the way.
Tech support here I come.
Thanks all