PDA

View Full Version : Planer yellow vs orange

Scott Gibbons
02-01-2010, 6:59 PM
Good evening all,
I was not luck enough to be able to catch the DW735 on clearance at any of the local HD's but I am in need of a planer. I am now looking at the DW734 and the Ridgid 4330 units. I have done some quick research and I do not really see one being better than the other. Does anyone have some experience with these two units they could share?

Karl Card
02-01-2010, 7:13 PM
there is a guy on ebay selling about 4 of the dw735's. After having a ridgid 4330 all I can say is that it is okay. snipe can be controlled was a plus but the chips need a killer dust collector to extract them nicely and more of the chips comes out the front than the chute. If it were me I would seriously try the 735 and i think you can snag one on ebay for about 400 that is new also.

Andy Sowers
02-01-2010, 7:14 PM
I have the R4330. I like it a lot. You can adjust the stock infeed/outfeed tables to reduce if not eliminate snipe.

I only have two complaints:

1) the local HD stores in the bay area where I live do not stock the replacement blades for them. You have to special order them from the contractor's desk, or order them online from HD.com. This apparently is not the case everywhere so check your HD to see if they stock the blades.

2) the thing is LOUD. Course this is common for most lunchbox planers I think...

HTH
andy

Scott Gibbons
02-01-2010, 7:25 PM
Karl,
I took your advice and scored one for 400. I will pick it up on Saturday. Thanks!

Karl Card
02-02-2010, 7:28 PM
Karl,
I took your advice and scored one for 400. I will pick it up on Saturday. Thanks!

Now I am jealous, very jealous.. lol Well I hope you like it. One of my friends up in kalamazoo mi bought one and he just absolutely loves it to death. Says he uses quite often and is smooth as silk.. and he is an engineer.. nothing against engineers but they look further into most tools than non engineers.