PDA

View Full Version : Photo Paint Cutout Lab

Jeff Belany
02-01-2010, 3:09 PM
I was trying to drop out a background on an image. In Corel I went to Edit Bitmap, then in Photo Paint I went to Cutout Lab. I could trace the image but the 'Preview' button and the 'OK' button were grayed out. Therefore I couldn't save anything I did. Any idea what I forgot to do? I assume I missed something. Any better way to get a transparent background?

Thanks,

Jeff in northern Wisconsin

Brian Robison
02-01-2010, 3:29 PM
Jeff,
I usually do it in Draw. I make a box or boxes if needed and
"cut" around the image. This allows you to go back and tweak where as the Paint cutout is harder to go back and fix.

Martin Boekers
02-01-2010, 4:17 PM
Have you used this before?

In Photoshop (version of Cut Out) first I do a close outline and make sure it's closed.

Then I select the "paint bucket" tool and click anywhere on the inside area.

Then you can hit preview and it will show you a preview.

This usually isn't good for a final cut-out and you will need to do some retouching to get good edges.

It is a great tool though, and well worth the time to learn.

You might check out You Tube as I'm sure they probably have a video to go through the steps.

There are a couple ways to do this. Cut Out works great with hard to define areas such as hair, grass trees etc.

Hope this helps.

Marty

Randy Digby
02-01-2010, 4:20 PM
After you trace the section to be cut out - be sure you have a completely enclosed area -choose the fill bucket (top right) and fill paint outside of the arre you want to make go away. You can then select the Preview button and it should work. Fine tune the cutout areas with the add and minus brushes - top right corner also. Do this before choosing OK.

Mike Null
02-01-2010, 5:16 PM
Try this and every other tutorial by Alex. He knows his stuff.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PBtpo5TfrZo

Jeff Belany
02-02-2010, 10:51 AM
Thanks to all. I guess I should learn to read ALL the instructions. The bitmap color mask shown in the YouTube video worked great. I also went back to the Cutout Lab and got that to work also.

Thanks again,

Jeff