PDA

View Full Version : Grizzly lathe copy attachment

Rich Noterman
02-01-2010, 12:40 PM
Hi all, Anyone own or know any thing about the Grzzly lathe copy attachment, I have alot of spindles to turn, looks like it's something that may work for me. All so do you know if it will work on any flat bed lathe 40" or larger? Iam also looking at the G0642 lathe any info on the lathe would be a help. thanks for your time

Rich

Bernie Weishapl
02-01-2010, 6:30 PM
Not sure if it would fit any of the griz lathes. It says it is for the G1495. You may have to call them to find out. If I were going to buy a lathe it wouldn't be the G0642. If you are going to be turning only spindles I would say probably ok but if you think you might be doing bowls or vases, etc because of the high low speed of 600 rpm. I sure would look at the G0698. I think my brother is going to get one because of the price.

Paul Atkins
02-02-2010, 3:07 PM
How many is a lot? I can turn a dozen ballusters in the time it takes to set my duplicator up and get it going. They are never as clean as the hand done ones and the lathe is not useful for anything else till they are all done. I'm not saying not to do it, but this is what I deal with.