PDA

View Full Version : Dewalt DW735 Planer pricing

roger bulkley
02-01-2010, 9:32 AM
I noticed several DW735s are being offered on Ebay for anywhere from $350-$450, plus under $100 shipping. Home Depot or Lowes sells these for $649. These units are all listed as "new, in the box", most claim they are not reconditioned. It seems strange that so many are being offered at such a low price, from several different geographical locations. Does anyone have any info on this? I want to buy a back up unit (have had one since they came out) and have an oportunity to buy one from a local individual that presumeably bought it at a Columbus, OH hardware store liquidation, for only $410, but I became a little gun-shy when I saw so many on Ebay.:confused:
Wood Good

Kurt Rosenzweig
02-01-2010, 9:35 AM
HD just had them on closeout at $300. The ads your seeing are just the lucky ones who got the few they had in stock trying to make a profit. It's win win for the seller and the buyer and I see no problem with it. If I didn't already have one I'd be all over it.

Hugh Jardon
02-01-2010, 9:35 AM
I suspect these are units that people have bought at HD on clearance for $279 or less. They then add on their cut, and it goes on ebay for $350 and up.

You could always ask to see the receipt to prove it's not stolen.

Chris Harry
02-01-2010, 9:51 AM
Yeah most likely bought from HD for 279, 274 or even 137 (last summer)

I priced out shipping on one and oddly enough its under 100!! I was figuring it would cost a ton to ship, but UPS/FedEx/USPS are going more on a shape-based model nowadays instead of weight-based.

I sold one on CL locally for 400. Just because its not too expensive to ship doesnt mean I wanna lug it to FedEx :)