PDA

View Full Version : ideas for cabinet doors needed

Rick Potter
02-01-2010, 3:28 AM
I am building cabinets for several areas of the house. I was gonna use maple, but the wife finally decided on red oak after all.

These will be stained and varnished doors with rails stiles, and panels. The kitchen will get arched raised panels, but I would like to do something different in other areas.

I have a few basic pics of flat panel doors, doors with beadboard panels, and glass panels.

What I need is pics of different styles that I can show her, so she can decide what she wants.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Rick Potter

Bill Shawver
02-01-2010, 4:45 AM
I am building cabinets for several areas of the house. I was gonna use maple, but the wife finally decided on red oak after all.

These will be stained and varnished doors with rails stiles, and panels. The kitchen will get arched raised panels, but I would like to do something different in other areas.

I have a few basic pics of flat panel doors, doors with beadboard panels, and glass panels.

What I need is pics of different styles that I can show her, so she can decide what she wants.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Rick Potter

Rick, check out some different doors at coronamillworks.com or decore.com which is also known as decorative specialties. I've ordered from them a few times and they are a very professional business in case you decide to sub out the doors as most cabinet shops do. They will sell, or used to sell as long as you had a shop, even a garage shop. Anyway it looks like you have to register to see the line @decore door.

Good luck in finding that "perfect" design, maybe this will give you a start. It's always nice to know where to get things when the job becomes large. My last order was more than 120 door/drawer fronts, and I was happy with thier service, pricing,.... Heard good things about Corona Millworks also. Right in our own area too. (As well is Decore door):)

Karl Card
02-01-2010, 6:01 AM
I will write first and then if you havent seen what I am getting ready to tell you about then I will scan a pick of them and post it. I hope that made some kind of sense..lol.. I got 5 books from the library today and was looking thru them for ideals on cabinets and I saw some doors that are close flush or set into the cabinet so that the door is even with the face of the cabinets... IMHO i really liked it and hope I can to do those to like nice.