PDA

View Full Version : second amendment on brass,

Gary Nicholls
02-01-2010, 1:42 AM
Got this idea over on the IAP forum where one of the guys was putting labels on the brass on full size pens and applying several clear coats over. I grabbed a couple of these pocket pens I make, painted on some cermark diluted with dna, cranked up the power and slowed down the feed and it took pretty good. To be on the safe side I clear powder coated over the whole cartridge. Should be pretty durable now. I will take a dozen or so to the local gun shop this week and see how well they go over. I am still learning my laser, and thanks in a large part to all you guys and gals sharing all the great info and ideas, I am making progress.

Tim Bateson
02-01-2010, 6:15 AM
Ummm... I do hope you are going to tell us this was NOT a live round? :o

Never mind, I just re-read your post. Cleaver pen, I like it.

Steve C Wallace
02-01-2010, 6:33 AM
What the heck was the loud pop when the laser was just about to complete...? I am used to hearing a beep not a boom! Smells like victory!:)

Gary Nicholls
02-01-2010, 10:10 AM
Ummm... I do hope you are going to tell us this was NOT a live round? :o

Never mind, I just re-read your post. Cleaver pen, I like it.

LOL, I am a little crazy, but not that reckless. You turn the nib and the ink cartridge moves out, twist it the other way and it retracts back in so you are not writing in your pocket.

Joe Peacock
02-01-2010, 11:15 PM
LOL, I am a little crazy, but not that reckless. You turn the nib and the ink cartridge moves out, twist it the other way and it retracts back in so you are not writing in your pocket.
Gary,
Have you ever tried to carry one of these on an airplane?

Gary Nicholls
02-02-2010, 12:23 AM
Gary,
Have you ever tried to carry one of these on an airplane?

Not yet, but wife and I are flying to Florida next month and when I suggested taking one in my pocket, I got the "LOOK". I am undecided right now...

Steve C Wallace
02-02-2010, 12:34 AM
What man hasn't seen that LOOK before. :o Mom, wife, girlfriend... That is a stern warning :mad: that we may be boarding our flight from different positions in the queue or line separated by several people neither of us knows if you bring that thing along. Just in case you hadn't figured that one out.;)

Dan Hintz
02-02-2010, 8:54 AM
Mark,

Do you want to see him on the watch list? ;)

Dee Gallo
02-02-2010, 9:00 AM
I went to my uncle's funeral at Arlington National Cemetery and they gave each of us one of the spent casings. Everyone was nervous about taking them home, but nobody was even questioned. Curious.

~ dee

Dan Hintz
02-02-2010, 11:28 AM
The casing itself isn't a problem... add on a tip and it starts to send red flags.

I wonder if a wadcutter would be easily mistaken for a basic casing...?

James Rambo
02-02-2010, 7:05 PM
I resently had a customer bring me the casing of the one of the rounds fire at here dads funeral and I used cerdec on it and it turned out really well. I cleaned the casing with Brasso brass polish first.