PDA

View Full Version : I am David Rose, I have been negligent...

David Rose
10-23-2004, 12:03 AM
Besides grouching about the sharpening I have not done two things I promised.

First I bought a Lee Valley Ryoba saw. It is neat. I can't keep it running straight yet, but that will come.

Second I promised to let several of you know what I did about the "panel that wouldn't fit my planer". OK, I cheated and ripped it and power planed it. I'm sorry. Time was running out on this "two year" project. Yes, the glue line does show. But that is part of the cost of doing it the "modern" way.

Thanks for the help on scrub planes and such. That will be in the future.

David

Tyler Howell
10-23-2004, 9:09 AM
I agree,
You have been very bad Dave but forgiveness is to be had. More pix of this very fine wood product you've created please.:cool:

John Miliunas
10-23-2004, 9:14 AM
Oh fer cryin' out loud! Quit with the whining, awready! It looks just fine to me! :D Matter of fact, it looks great! You can't hardly even see the glue line and, more importantly, you're making forward progress with the project! :) You will have plenty of opportunity to mess with the neander side of things. In the meantime, ELECTRONS RULE! :D :cool:

David Rose
10-23-2004, 3:33 PM
Now you went and done it John! I was concerned about "ticking off" a knuckle dragger. Here you are declaring all out war! And I think you did it in a most sacreligious way. :eek: I, on the other hand, need no electrons. I just stick the little pronged tail piece into those slits in the wall. I think gas comes of those at my place. But when I do that with my chisels, the bevels change and they turn blue. :eek:

David

Oh fer cryin' out loud! Quit with the whining, awready! It looks just fine to me! :D Matter of fact, it looks great! You can't hardly even see the glue line and, more importantly, you're making forward progress with the project! :) You will have plenty of opportunity to mess with the neander side of things. In the meantime, ELECTRONS RULE! :D :cool:

Tom LaRussa
10-23-2004, 7:01 PM
... I promised to let several of you know what I did about the "panel that wouldn't fit my planer". OK, I cheated and ripped it and power planed it. I'm sorry.
Don't be sorry, it's not very noticable and then it looks like the panel was book matched.

:)

David Rose
10-23-2004, 9:53 PM
Tom, thanks. I mostly said I was sorry because several of you came up with good ideas for how to "neander" the job and I didn't follow any of them. But the input was good, and there is nothing to say that I won't do (these ideas) in the future. The cathedral grain was centered on purpose and I tried to cut through the middle of the pattern. It matches a corresponding panel pretty well. So I am not unhappy about the way it came out. Normally, if I am not unhappy, LOML is very pleased. So all is well. :D

David

Don't be sorry, it's not very noticable and then it looks like the panel was book matched.

:)