PDA

View Full Version : sawmills/woodsources in southern md

david hines
10-22-2004, 7:53 PM
Hi all started adirondack chair project using Jake chair plans and I am looking for a reliable/reasonable source of cypress in this area. Can any one recommend a supplier in my area? I live in Laplata and am willing to drive but not to far.

Thanks all David Hines

JayStPeter
10-22-2004, 9:01 PM
Well, if you find anyplace let me know. I know of a few local sawmills that sell local hardwoods. But, no cypress. Try www.exoticlumberinc.com in Annapolis. There's also some places in Richmond. You can also try woodfinder.net.

Jay

Keith Christopher
10-22-2004, 10:27 PM
Heya from another MD'er. PHEER the TURTLE ! In rockville there is a place called exotic lumber. IF you want really good stock I go to a guy on padoina rd called freestate timbers. He has odd hours and is only open on Saturdays the first and last weekend of the month. excellent supplier I buy all my lumber from him, but I am in baltimore. :) You can also try tidewater in Severn (by BWI) they may have cypress it's a VERY large lumber yard.

Dave Carey
10-22-2004, 11:26 PM
I built an adirondeck chair with cypress I found on e-bay. Think the seller's ID was cat-twt. Price was reasonable and shipped to my door.

Tom LaRussa
10-23-2004, 12:05 AM
Hi all started adirondack chair project using Jake chair plans and I am looking for a reliable/reasonable source of cypress in this area. Can any one recommend a supplier in my area? I live in Laplata and am willing to drive but not to far.
David,

If you happen to be planning a trip to visit the Great Mouse let me know. We're drowning in cypress down here. Heck, I can see a couple thousand cypress trees from my bedroom window. :p

Greg Hairston
10-23-2004, 1:18 PM
David,

Howdy Neighbor.... I am just down the road from you in King George. Maryland Select Hardwoods is actually close to you. You can find him on woodfinder. Ask for dennis and tell him Greg sent you.

Greg H