PDA

View Full Version : Woodcraft shipping charge

Brian Loucks
01-30-2010, 11:55 PM
So, a couple days ago I placed an order with Woodcraft, (which of late has been my primary online woodworking store,) for 2 clock movements. The price came to around $36. I notes that they are offering free shipping for orders over $75. I figured that I would put together a couple other items that I needed, but not critical. Ended up with an $86 order. I just checked my e-mail today for the shipping confirmation. My order was shipped already... great... however both clock works were canceled, not back ordered, with no explanation or offer to substitute. Still no real big deal since I haven't started the clocks yet. The thing that kind of gets me though is all of a sudden I get charged $9.99 shipping. Am I being too anal or what. If I had been informed I would have changed my order selection, but the original instant confirmation had them listed as being shipped. Now, if I order again, I'll get hit with another $9.99. Not that it's a lot of money, but it's definitely not great customer service. I'm pretty sure I can find another company to spend my clock money on.
Just the end of a very long stressful day. Brian

Aaron Hastings
01-31-2010, 12:05 AM
So, a couple days ago I placed an order with Woodcraft, (which of late has been my primary online woodworking store,) for 2 clock movements. The price came to around $36. I notes that they are offering free shipping for orders over $75. I figured that I would put together a couple other items that I needed, but not critical. Ended up with an $86 order. I just checked my e-mail today for the shipping confirmation. My order was shipped already... great... however both clock works were canceled, not back ordered, with no explanation or offer to substitute. Still no real big deal since I haven't started the clocks yet. The thing that kind of gets me though is all of a sudden I get charged $9.99 shipping. Am I being too anal or what. If I had been informed I would have changed my order selection, but the original instant confirmation had them listed as being shipped. Now, if I order again, I'll get hit with another $9.99. Not that it's a lot of money, but it's definitely not great customer service. I'm pretty sure I can find another company to spend my clock money on.
Just the end of a very long stressful day. Brian

Too anal? Heck no.

Call customer service and get that refunded. Let us know how they treat you. Seems straight forward it they're honest.

Todd Franks
01-31-2010, 12:13 AM
I would suggest that you call customer service or utilize their online chat during normal business hours and see what they can do for you. I was charged shipping also during their free shipping offer for orders over $75. I think the error was on my end. I left the checkout screen and came back and must not have noticed that the free shipping code was no longer there before hitting the complete checkout button. Noticing the shipping charge after checkout, I used the online chat with CS on Monday morning explaining the situation. They refunded the shipping charge no problem.

Their computer system probably isn't smart enough to figure out your unique situation. I find that human beings are much more understanding. My most recent Woodcraft customer service experience gets a thumbs up from me. Good luck.

Dustin Cranford
01-31-2010, 12:16 AM
There is also an email floating around from Woodcraft for free shipping on all orders. Ends tomorrow.

Brian Brown
01-31-2010, 1:02 AM
The thing that kind of gets me though is all of a sudden I get charged $9.99 shipping. Am I being too anal or what. If I had been informed I would have changed my order selection, but the original instant confirmation had them listed as being shipped.

No, you are not being too anal. $9.99 shipping is more than a 10% upcharge for your order. The good news is that I have always had good customer service with Woodcraft. Call them, and politely (like you would do it any other way) explain the problem, and see how fast they try to fix it. Like all other companies in this economy, they really don't want to lose a customer over something this petty. No guarantees, but I bet they fix it.

Brian Loucks
01-31-2010, 5:06 AM
Yes, I will be calling customer service during regular business hours tomorrow. I'm hoping that the human side will understand. I just want my clock parts! Now if I can figure out how to find time to communicate with the world during regular business hours :o
Take care, Brian

Robert Parrish
01-31-2010, 12:47 PM
No your not anal, these companies (mostly woodworking) base their shipping on the order total and not the actual cost of the shipping. Excessive shipping charges are one of my pet peeves and that's why I buy everything I can from Amazon and get free shipping.

Brian Loucks
02-01-2010, 9:39 AM
Before I even had a chance to call Woodcraft this morning, I got a call from them apologizing for the shipping mixup. Replacement hands are on the way. You can't ask for better service than that. I guess I'll have to send another order to say thank you :D:D
Brian

Robert McGowen
02-01-2010, 9:48 AM
........ and that's why I buy everything I can from Amazon and get free shipping.

I have Amazon Prime when I say this, but SOMEONE is paying the shipping and it isn't Amazon, the shipper, or the manufacturer..... :rolleyes:

Tim Morton
02-01-2010, 6:27 PM
I have Amazon Prime when I say this, but SOMEONE is paying the shipping and it isn't Amazon, the shipper, or the manufacturer..... :rolleyes:

well with "prime" you are in a pool of millions of people spending $79 each up front...i would be curious as to what the breakage is on that $79...

I also have been noticing more and more...on items that are "prime" eligible the price is generally $5-$10 higher than if i buy it from amazon thru a seller not prime eligible...:rolleyes::rolleyes:

So maybe we are paying shipping on top of the prime membership.

Jesse Espe
02-03-2010, 11:32 PM
. Am I being too anal or what.

I wouldn't call it too anal. $10 is a half a tank of gas for my commuter car. I would call it significant.

Cheers,
Jesse