PDA

View Full Version : Sears Online/Store Pickup - I dont understand

Todd McDonald
01-30-2010, 5:16 PM
So I placed a order for Craftsman Drill Guide online so I could get 20% Bing Cash back. I was at the store and tooke the Drill guide out of the package so I could see. Went home and ordered it online, thinking maybe I could pick up the same day. Not so fast, I ordered on Jan 12 and the order confirmation stated expected instore pickup date of 1/28. On 1/30 no confirmation, so I emailed Customer Service to see why they did not pull store stock, here is there response

Thank you for contacting Sears.com regarding the status of order #1234567. We apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused.

According to our internal inventory data, there is not stock of the item available for sale at the store. The item you saw at the store may be the display model, which cannot be sold. I have also checked the warehouse inventory for the item and we are showing that stock of the item will not arrive at the warehouse until 3/02/10. If there is stock at the store available for sale, you may want to purchase the item at the store and call or email us to cancel this order. Thank you for your understanding; we appreciate your business.

Matt Meiser
01-30-2010, 5:28 PM
Go to the store with your receipt and see if the manager can't fix things.

Tom Winship
01-31-2010, 10:36 AM
I have had the opposite happen. See it online for pickup and go to the store and it is not available in the retail. Also have seen sales and gone to the parts/repair place across the street and they have the item but not at the sale price.

Tim Morton
01-31-2010, 12:11 PM
How much money are you saving for this amount of work?:p

glenn bradley
01-31-2010, 12:15 PM
As Tim said, how much is this $6 savings costing you? No offense intended and this is just me but, if I was already at the store I would pay the 20% to not have to drive home, order it and drive back.

Now I will feel really embarrassed and should probably apologize ahead of time if you are not talking about the $29.99 drill guide and you were actually going to save $100 ;-) As to Sears being confused; they started down that road years ago. The buy online, pickup is store was the only thing left that had me buying anything from Sears. They have now screwed that up so many times I just don't shop there. It is a shame a landmark American company like this can fall so far.

Dave Lehnert
01-31-2010, 11:59 PM
If you knew how screwed up a stores inventory is on the computer you would understand.

Customer shoplifts an item the computer still shows it on hand.
Store receives an item on Saturday but paperwork may not get entered in the computer till Monday. So it shows out of stock but hanging on the peg in the store.