PDA

View Full Version : Last Ornament, I promise.

Ron Bontz
01-29-2010, 10:00 PM
Ok Ok, I know Xmas is over. But.....Well I had this little piece of osasge orange left that I had drilled holes in to. Some walnut came in to play as well. It sat for a few weeks with the little pile of "what nots" on the end of my lathe. I now have a new found respect for the nest building abilities of a bird. I have thin CA all over my fingers.:)

David E Keller
01-29-2010, 10:10 PM
Looks good... I see no reason that you can't make ornaments all year, and I enjoy seeing the pics posted.

John Keeton
01-29-2010, 10:26 PM
Well, that's just plain cute!! Nice job, and a good wood combination. That hedgeapple will brown out a bit, and look very nice with the walnut.

Matt Ranum
01-29-2010, 10:40 PM
Speaking as someone who grows Christmas trees for a living I see nothing wrong with Christmas related stuff all year, but then again I maybe a bit biased.;)

Looks very nice too!

Jim Underwood
01-29-2010, 10:46 PM
I now have a new found respect for the nest building abilities of a bird. I have thin CA all over my fingers.

That's what my youngest son would have called a "bird messed" in his younger days....:D

Nice ornament. No problem here with Christmas ornaments either...

Bernie Weishapl
01-30-2010, 12:22 AM
Great looking ornament. I don't get tired of seeing them. Ron you must be like me. I have already started on next Christmas. If I don't start early I will be in trouble.

Steve Schlumpf
01-30-2010, 12:36 PM
Very nice ornament! Think this is the first nested one I have seen! Pretty cool!

Ken Fitzgerald
01-30-2010, 12:42 PM
Ron,

Nice ornament! I don't see why you can't turn them 12 months/year.

Rick Gibson
01-30-2010, 4:00 PM
Very nice ornament, now if I could get my lathe to turn something besides pens I could start now and maybe have a couple to give away next Christmas.