PDA

View Full Version : Michael of Timbers

Rich Enders
01-29-2010, 11:15 AM
Michael ?? had a couple of hardwood and millwork stores over the last 20 years in or near Redondo Beach, California. The last one was called Timbers of the World (I believe), and it was on Mary Ann Dr near Anza, and 190th St.

He seemed a very knowledgeable guy and a skilled craftsman and must still be in the business somewhere.

Anyone heard from him?

Rich Enders
02-16-2010, 10:45 AM
Michael ?? had a couple of hardwood and millwork stores over the last 20 years in or near Redondo Beach, California. The last one was called Timbers of the World (I believe), and it was on Mary Ann Dr near Anza, and 190th St.

He seemed a very knowledgeable guy and a skilled craftsman and must still be in the business somewhere.

Anyone heard from him?

I note a number of people viewed this post, but no replies. Certainly someone has run into Michael. He is an experienced wood knowledge resource.

Matt Day
02-16-2010, 11:09 AM
Rich,

With all due respect, with an odd thread title like this a lot of people are going to click on it thinking "what the heck is this about", like I have done twice now. I have no idea about woodworking stores in Cali, but add to the amount of views the thread has.

I suggest you retitle your thread to something more specific, or maybe find a local woodworking forum specific to that area and try there.

Good luck!

Rich Enders
02-18-2010, 11:50 AM
Matt,

Sorry for the misleading title. He was quite a character, and I thought that anyone who knew him would be caught by the title. I didn't think of the other viewers.

Now that we are on the subject though it seems to me that there are a lot of terrible titles. In my reading, it seems like maybe half of the titles don't pan out to be accurate.

Anyway, thanks for the pointer.