PDA

View Full Version : craftsman tool chest gloat, sorta

mark kosse
01-28-2010, 7:59 PM
I know everyone likes to hear these deals. ;)

A few weeks ago I was in a Sears store and I saw this 26" 11 drawer BB/griplatch set on sale for 349.00. It is the deeper model 26" cabinet and stand. The listed the regular price at around 850+. It was a floor/display model in black, a few scratches but not bad. I knew the price was good so I bought it. It was raining that day and sears told me they would hold it for 30 days. I say great.

I go back last week to pick it up. Hmmm, we don't know where it is. We'll look and call you. I say OK. Yesterday they call and say they have it, come and get it. I go today to pick it up and it's a new set in the box, midnight blue. (cool color by the way) I never asked for this, they just did it. Naturally, I didn't complain.

I looked it up when I got home and the web site shows this set at 719.00. Does half off count for a gloat?:rolleyes:

Mark

kevin loftus
01-28-2010, 8:04 PM
Yup, that's a "YOU SUCK" for sure. :D:D:D

Don Morris
01-28-2010, 8:22 PM
Since it's a crapsman you only get a lower case "you suck". No doubt if it had be me, I would have gone back and the original would have been there...only with more dents.

Kevin Womer
01-29-2010, 4:35 PM
I guess they "found" it after all.
Congrats.

Dave Lehnert
01-29-2010, 4:44 PM
Pic police

No pic, Did not happen.

I once ordered a tool cabinet and chest from Sears. The kid running the register did not seem to know what he was doing. He kept apologizing and would give me another 10% off. Ended up getting the top chest for free after all was said and done.
Got a call my tool box was in. Went to pick up and take home. Every few days I would get another call. "your order was in, ready for pick up" I guess the kid on the register was ordering one everytime he made a mistake. I called to clear things up with the manager. I could have gotten a truck full for nothing. Always wondered how many would have taken advantaged of that kids mistake.