PDA

View Full Version : Some Pens.

Alan Ryalls
10-22-2004, 7:58 AM
heres a few pens i made recently,for collegues at work.

Gary Max
10-22-2004, 8:08 AM
I just started turning pens---how do these work??
What kind of kit are you useing???
I like the look.

Tyler Howell
10-22-2004, 8:50 AM
OK Noobees! Now this is how it's done. My Man Alan from across the sea, close to one of the most awesome recording studios in the world, pops out some way cool pens on the second post. Now this guy is good!:cool:
Thanks for sharing Alan

John Shuk
10-23-2004, 9:14 PM
OK Noobees! Now this is how it's done. My Man Alan from across the sea, close to one of the most awesome recording studios in the world, pops out some way cool pens on the second post. Now this guy is good!:cool:
Thanks for sharing Alan

One of these days Tyler is going to fall off that fence he's been peeking over and find that the world is indeed round!

Dave Crabbs
10-23-2004, 9:29 PM
Nice job Alan your pens look great. How about telling us newbie pen turners a little more about them. Like what kind of wood you used and what kind of finnish did you put on them. And the big question is how in the world do you make them :confused:
Once Again Nice Job,
Dave

Anthony Cockerill
01-12-2010, 6:52 PM
I think I've seen this type of pen before, tell me if it's the same thing...

basically, you take the innards out of a biro, drill a 1/8" hole nearly all the way down the blank and turn to your design, then just insert the biro 'gut'?

I saw something on them a while back but I haven't been able to find a 1/8" drill bit that was long enough.

Anthony

Anthony Cockerill
01-12-2010, 6:54 PM
Whoops, just realised I pressed the 'last posts' button instead of the 'next'

:o Sorry

Anthony

Mark P. Brown
01-12-2010, 8:27 PM
For the bit they are called aircraft bits. For a tutorial Google 12 cent pen in video. Good looking pens.
Mark