PDA

View Full Version : Atlanta Woodworking show

russ dennis
01-27-2010, 10:14 PM
Anyone going to the Atlanta Woodworking show? Looks like they moved the show from down around the airport up North to Norcross. I wonder if there will be any Deals.. this year!

I love these shows but the wife doesn't like the $$ that I spend! :D
The Woodworking Shows (http://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source=web&ct=res&cd=1&ved=0CBQQFjAA&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.thewoodworkingshows.com%2F&ei=JQBhS6SzLNWztgeS68DYDQ&usg=AFQjCNG_LXRi3dlx0wkA5m80npnuLGcOtw&sig2=a6tZGtxkwF03bmHiQ55dfQ)

Jules Dominguez
01-27-2010, 10:39 PM
I'm going Friday afternoon. May take in part of Saturday also, not sure. I live near Stone Mountain. The Norcross location is more convenient to me than the previous airport location. I don't go looking for deals, just mill around and look at stuff, look for things on my "to buy" list, buy what I see that I think I'll use. Enjoy being in a crowd of kindred spirits. Don't spend a lot of time looking at demo's or seminars, they're generally crowded.

Bob Haskett
01-28-2010, 12:07 AM
What exactly is up for sale at these shows? Wondering if I should make the drive to the huntsville show in April...

Mike Heidrick
01-28-2010, 12:33 AM
Pretty much any accessory and most any hand power tool will be sold there. My have to get it delivered. usually Lee Valley and their 10% off and no tax and free shipping deal as well. Still it will cost you $8 to get in so be ready to save that plus more. It is like a cranival but for WW. Plenty of painted mirrors and cheap stuffed animals and lots of carnys. I love to go though. Looking foreward to the Kreg beaded face frame display - hope they bring it.

russ dennis
01-28-2010, 7:22 AM
You will find every type of woodworking tools & gadget known to man. Manufacturers are typically there with equipment, typically sell refurbished power tools, etc.

Lots of demonstrations. Booths set up by companies like peachtree woodworking, Kreg, Delta, Woodpecker, etc.. will be there with booths.

I have always enjoyed it.

Russ