PDA

View Full Version : Changing spell check language in Outlook Express

David Duke
01-27-2010, 3:35 PM
I thought this would have been pretty simple just go to Tools/Options/Spelling then select the language you need. So how come French is the only option listed and how can I get English? When I searched Micosoft's site they said to go though Word but it is already set for English.

Any help would be appreciated.

Lee Schierer
01-27-2010, 4:47 PM
I don't have Outlook Express but in regular Outlook 2007 you can go to t Tools/Options/Spelling and there is a bar to select "Spelling and Autocorrect" that you can click and get another window. In that window to the left there are three bars "Popular" "Proofing", and "Advanced". Clicking on Popular giets you a screen where you can select editing language for "Office". There are about 47 choices. YMMV with the Express version

Chuck Wintle
01-27-2010, 4:50 PM
I thought this would have been pretty simple just go to Tools/Options/Spelling then select the language you need. So how come French is the only option listed and how can I get English? When I searched Micosoft's site they said to go though Word but it is already set for English.

Any help would be appreciated.
make the switch to Thunderbird....works better than outlook express. :D:D

paul cottingham
01-27-2010, 7:05 PM
+1 on thunderbird. easiest way to fix outlook. :-)
that being said, i've never changed the language on it either.

James Ogle
01-28-2010, 10:15 PM
This is one of those known "bugs". I think it is more of a Microsoft feature to make you buy something you don't want or need. It has to do with Office and Outlook language files and incompatability. The only way to fix it is to download a third party spell checker for OE. Snapfiles (http://www.snapfiles.com/get/spelloe.html) has one that I use. I know that Dell recommends it and a few other places online and off do as well.

Chuck Wintle
01-28-2010, 10:27 PM
This is one of those known "bugs". I think it is more of a Microsoft feature to make you buy something you don't want or need. It has to do with Office and Outlook language files and incompatability. The only way to fix it is to download a third party spell checker for OE. Snapfiles (http://www.snapfiles.com/get/spelloe.html) has one that I use. I know that Dell recommends it and a few other places online and off do as well.

all the better reason to ditch outlook express and go with Thunderbird! :D:D