PDA

View Full Version : Owners/Users of Milwaukee Miter Saw Stand 48-08-0550

Harry Hagan
01-27-2010, 12:17 PM
I recently purchased a Milwaukee 6955-20 SCMS and need a portable stand.

After pricing aluminum square tubing, wheels, shipping, etc.; I soon realized I’d be better off just buying a factory-made model.

If you have some hands-on experience with the Milwaukee Miter Saw Stand 48-08-0550, your input would be appreciated.

Thanks for your help,
Harry

Jerome Hanby
01-27-2010, 1:04 PM
I have a similar stand that delta makes. From the pictures, the Milwaukee looks like a better made stand. Mine has a 10" non-sliding Delta saw on it and works just fine...

I recently purchased a Milwaukee 6955-20 SCMS and need a portable stand.

After pricing aluminum square tubing, wheels, shipping, etc.; I soon realized I’d be better off just buying a factory-made model.

If you have some hands-on experience with the Milwaukee Miter Saw Stand 48-08-0550, your input would be appreciated.

Thanks for your help,
Harry

phil harold
01-27-2010, 1:04 PM
I have professionaly for 16 years used a SawHelper
http://www.sawhelper.com/

the full support and integrated measuring tape and stop make this worth buying
true it costs more than my saw but is well worth it

I cant say enough good about it

Harry Hagan
01-27-2010, 1:50 PM
Phil,

I saw SawHelper online last night when I was doing research. I agree, it looks great but they only have accessory prices listed and when you call the contact number you’re referred back to the website which states:

A note on availability:
As you all know, the last several months have been challenging, for our industry and for us as a company. During this period, we have been overhauling our business to adapt to the realities of this economy. We have scaled-back our staffing, reviewed and refined our manufacturing relationships and evaluated everything we do to run more efficiently and reduce waste.
This effort, while crucial to our long-term health, has affected the availability of certain products in the short-term. Those of you waiting for sets have been very understanding and supportive. For that, I give you my sincere thanks and assure you we are doing everything possible to get you your Sawhelper gear.
Our goal is to return to full capacity in the second quarter.
Going forward, we will solidify supply chain and distribution partners that will enable us to respond quicker to our customers and insulate us better against the turbulence in the market. Stay-tuned, too, as we (finally) roll out online purchasing so you can buy your Sawhelper products 24/7.
Thanks for your support and patience. If you have any questions or comments, please send me a note via email (sales@sawhelper.com).
All the best,
Tim

Let me translate that for you: We don't know what it costs and if we did, we don't have it. :mad:

phil harold
01-27-2010, 5:58 PM
Phil,

I saw SawHelper online that last night when I was doing research. I agree, it looks great but they only have accessory prices listed and when you call the contact number you’re referred back to the website which states:

that bites

The other week there was one for sale in the classified section here
I should have bought, if these get rare...