PDA

View Full Version : Delta DC-33

todd bourassa
01-27-2010, 9:27 AM
Anyone no where one could find the dust hood for a Delta DC-33? It is listed as Dc'd by Delta. Cant seem find anything else searching the net.

Thanks

Mike Archambeau
01-27-2010, 3:03 PM
Anyone no where one could find the dust hood for a Delta DC-33? It is listed as Dc'd by Delta. Cant seem find anything else searching the net.

Thanks

I too am interested in a dust hood for the Delta 13" planer.

Chip Lindley
01-27-2010, 3:13 PM
Sorry, wish I could help. I was lucky to order a one cast iron dust hood from a dealer back in the '80s after I bought a barely used RC33. The hood was an expensive accessory back then; around $60. The 13-1/8" planers are rather obsolete now, with the advent of the *generic* 15" ChiWan machines sold in so many colors.

My old RC33 still purrs and planes great. Too bad it doesn't have jack screws for setting the planer blades. That's the only drawback with the big ol' heavy Rockwell/Delta.

Mike Archambeau
01-27-2010, 7:12 PM
Sorry, wish I could help. I was lucky to order a one cast iron dust hood from a dealer back in the '80s after I bought a barely used RC33. The hood was an expensive accessory back then; around $60. The 13-1/8" planers are rather obsolete now, with the advent of the *generic* 15" ChiWan machines sold in so many colors.

My old RC33 still purrs and planes great. Too bad it doesn't have jack screws for setting the planer blades. That's the only drawback with the big ol' heavy Rockwell/Delta.

Funny, but mine has the jack screws and the machine still works like a dream.

Jim Holman
01-27-2010, 7:58 PM
Try Mikes tools, He has some parts for the DC 33. No connection.

Jeff Miller
01-27-2010, 8:55 PM
Made mine from a hot air floor duct,a little snip here and there,some pop rivets and bolts to hold it on the planer. Worked good.....cost about $7.00

I have since sold the planer but it didn't miss any shavings.

http://i44.photobucket.com/albums/f32/woodfarmer/Delta%20Planer/planer007-Copy2.jpg?t=1264643103

http://i44.photobucket.com/albums/f32/woodfarmer/Delta%20Planer/planer010-Copy.jpg?t=1264643518

http://i44.photobucket.com/albums/f32/woodfarmer/Delta%20Planer/planer016-1.jpg?t=1264643639

JEFF:D

todd bourassa
01-27-2010, 11:08 PM
I was thinking one could be fabricated. So basically you guys who have had this planer are pretty happy with them. Its a good solid machine?? I have a line on one but only draw back is that its in storage and cant be run to verify how it runs. N0 220 power where its at. It needs either new blades or resharpen the current one. Blades look like they run about $100. I would have to make a mobile base. It would replace a Rigid (which I have been happy with). Besides the DC hood, are other parts readily available from Delta or other sources? I think I could get this for around $400, if he comes down on price.

Darin Higginbotham
01-28-2010, 12:17 AM
I picked mine up for 250.00 with stand, runs like a top, I built my hood out of hardboard and mdf, it slips in with a friction fit.:D

Chip Lindley
01-28-2010, 3:38 AM
Mike, the DC33 is a later Delta model. My RC33 was the original (made in Brazil by Invicta) Rockwell planer. After Rockwell became Delta in the 80's, the RC also became DC. Your planer includes jack screws, but I believe, lost the bed rolls, and has a C-mount motor instead of base plate mounting. Still a great planer! Good luck finding the dust hood for it.

Mike Archambeau
01-28-2010, 9:44 AM
I was thinking one could be fabricated. So basically you guys who have had this planer are pretty happy with them. Its a good solid machine?? I have a line on one but only draw back is that its in storage and cant be run to verify how it runs. N0 220 power where its at. It needs either new blades or resharpen the current one. Blades look like they run about $100. I would have to make a mobile base. It would replace a Rigid (which I have been happy with). Besides the DC hood, are other parts readily available from Delta or other sources? I think I could get this for around $400, if he comes down on price.

I really like my machine. It does a great job and is easy to setup. I saw some recently listed for nearly 1000 dollars.

Karl Stowe
02-24-2010, 9:18 PM
I just got my RC-33, 1988 yr, back from my brother. Had to change out the knives and clean the deck but all and all it runs and cuts perfectly.

Does anyone know of a good mobile base for this unit. Currently it has the channels and rollers on one side type moble base. I cant figure out why someone thought that was a moble base so long ago since the planer is so heavy it doesnt work very well.