PDA

View Full Version : Drill Press gloat

Rick Potter
01-26-2010, 2:47 AM
I have been thinking for a couple weeks about getting a cheap drill press for the garage so I can do drilling in metal without messing up my nice woodworking table on my clean drill press.

I have been looking for a week or so on Craigs List for an old Craftsman, for about $50 but no luck so far. Lots of HF type models for that price, but I figure at least the Craftsman will be U.S. made, so I will keep looking.

That is...until tonight. Out of the blue my brother calls me and asks if I want his old Craftsman drill press, since he is cleaning out the garage. How much? I ask him.

Free, sez he. Sold, sez I.

Now, let me qualify that 'old drill press'; he bought it about 15 years ago, and has probably used it a dozen times. It was Sears second best, floor model, and has been in his SoCal garage all this time covered up with garage junk. In other words, it is sorta......drum roll.....like new!!!!

Oh yeah, did I mention he is throwing in a Heavy Duty Milwaukee drill, like plumbers use...the monster one for drilling three inch holes in floors?

He's my favorite brother.

Rick Potter

Jon Lanier
01-26-2010, 3:07 AM
No pictures... didn't happen. ;)

glenn bradley
01-26-2010, 9:11 AM
Congrats! My only regret is that I have gone blind and cannot see these beautiful machines.

Sam Layton
01-26-2010, 11:21 AM
Hey Rick, good job, great brother. I am available to take one of his old corvettes so he can make more room in his garage.

I agree with Jon, and Glenn. I can't see the photo's...

Sam

Rick Potter
01-26-2010, 6:06 PM
Sam, Sam, Sam,

You don't need to see the photo's, I will probably let you help me unload it from the truck.

Rick Potter