PDA

View Full Version : Some pens (from before the tent)

Brian Effinger
01-25-2010, 10:52 PM
Here are some photos I ran across recently that I thought I would share.

The first pens are padauk and blue velvet acrylic European pens from Woodcraft. I made these about a year ago as gifts. The padauk pen went to a local hardwood dealer. He has always been really nice and helpful, so it was the least I could do.

The next 7 pens and 2 bottle stoppers were made in July for my turning club's display at the Eire Co. Fair. All were sold. Every penny from everything the clubs (there are 4 locally) made was donated to Make-a-Wish. We raised over $13,000 this year. :) The pens kits came from Arizona Silhouette and are (L-R) mahogany, mesquite, European hornbeam, mahogany, walnut, ash & dunnowood. One of the stoppers is bocote, and I don't recall the other.

The next three photos are of a pen I made for my nephew's high school graduation. The pen is a Jr. Gent, and the blank is bubinga. The box (JK is going to like this) is a nice solid hunk of walnut with a curly maple sliding lid - they are dovetailed. I took both to a local engraver, and had him do up the lid and pen.

139797 139798 139799

Sorry for the poor photos. They were all taken hastily before they left my possession and are way pre-tent. :) I did the best I could with photoshop.

C&C are appreciated.

Brian

Baxter Smith
01-25-2010, 11:10 PM
Nice gifts and charity. Pen box is classy!:)

David E Keller
01-25-2010, 11:25 PM
Very nice... The pen/box combo is beautiful.

Steve Schlumpf
01-25-2010, 11:37 PM
Nice work on everything Brian! Congrats to your club for helping raise so much money for charity!

Bernie Weishapl
01-25-2010, 11:39 PM
Very nice looking pieces for a good cause.

Mauricio Ulloa
01-26-2010, 9:01 AM
Very nice! I liked the box also, very ingenious! The shapes of the stoppers are very nice as well. Good job!