PDA

View Full Version : Saw Stop On Discovery Time Warp

Scott Gibbons
01-25-2010, 10:13 PM
I don't know if any of you have seen this, but its pretty cool.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E3mzhvMgrLE

Ryan Fee
01-26-2010, 12:15 AM
How do they figure it"ll on cost $60 if you trigger the module. That'll barely buy you a decent blade, let alone whatever the module costs you.

Glenn Vaughn
01-26-2010, 4:07 AM
The brake is $69 plus the cost of the blade. Much cheaper than the medical costs for an injury without the brake - almost $2000 for the cut my friend got from my BT3000 (just a cut to the palm).

Van Huskey
01-26-2010, 5:04 AM
The brake is $69 plus the cost of the blade. Much cheaper than the medical costs for an injury without the brake - almost $2000 for the cut my friend got from my BT3000 (just a cut to the palm).

Just curious, what was the mechanics of your friends injury? Always interesting to me since it can help prevent an injury I hadn't thought of, just ask since it was the palm, hard to visualize with the blade gaurd on unless it was a non-through cut or a very thin rip.

Glenn Vaughn
01-26-2010, 11:14 AM
Just curious, what was the mechanics of your friends injury? Always interesting to me since it can help prevent an injury I hadn't thought of, just ask since it was the palm, hard to visualize with the blade gaurd on unless it was a non-through cut or a very thin rip.

He was cutting a custom threshold. He was trimming the bottom for a better fit (board was on edge) - The end of the boaqrd waqs thin enough to drop into the zeroc clearance slot. His hand was on the top of the board and got dropped into the blade when the end of the board dropped into the slot. Luckily the board jammed and covered most of the blade. The cut he got was about 3" long and 3/4" deep in the "heel" of his left hand.

Myk Rian
01-26-2010, 1:15 PM
I don't know if any of you have seen this, but its pretty cool.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E3mzhvMgrLE
It's been mentioned many times.