PDA

View Full Version : need pantry cabinet ideas

john worrell
01-25-2010, 3:07 PM
looking for some pantry cabinet ideas.

Lee Schierer
01-25-2010, 3:20 PM
I built this pantry cabinet for my DIL. http://www.home.earthlink.net/~us71na/kristinpantry2.jpg It is approximately 80 inches tall, 48 inches wide and 12 inches deep. It is made with curly white pine. It was stained with MinWax Golden Pecan stain and finished with Deft semi-gloss clear wood finish. I have a partial drawing that is dimensioned. There is a fixed shelf between the upper and lower cabinets and several removable fully adjustable shelves in each compartment. It is also divided down the center vertically.

Sam Layton
01-25-2010, 4:19 PM
Lee, that is a great looking cabinet. I share the same interest as John. Lee could you post some photo's of the inside.

Thanks, Sam

Lee Schierer
01-25-2010, 4:41 PM
I'll check, but I don't think I have any photos of the inside. I've attached a portion of the drawing. Keep in mind there are 1/4" holes every inch vertically up the sides in both compartments for self pins for adjustable shelves, as many or few as you want.

Ron Bontz
01-25-2010, 5:33 PM
Well My boss and I wanted more cabinet space for storing those rarely used items. This pantry goes over the stairs to the basement. ie: We couldn't go all the way to the floor. I was going to put spice rack shelves on the inner fronts. But the boss decided against that. The last pic is the stairway access. Hope these help. :)

fRED mCnEILL
01-25-2010, 10:47 PM
I built our pantry approx 90 inches high, 36 inches wide and 30 inches deep. It is made up of two cabinets, one on top of the other. Inside there are 6 full extension drawers with 3 inch sides. The drawers hold an incredible weight but I think the slides are rated at 150 lbs each. This pantry holds a ton of stuff and works very well.

I only have two frame and panel doors, a top and a bottom. It works well but asthetically, if I was redoing it I would make 4 doors.

Fred. Mc

Jeff Monson
01-25-2010, 11:04 PM
Heres one I made for our kitchen, its between the fridge and the corner cabinets. Hard maple with pull outs, I used blum undermount slides and 1/2 blind dovetails on the pull outs.