PDA

View Full Version : Epilog 25 watt, no more?

Emily Wilson
01-24-2010, 9:40 PM
I may be a little late on the news of the missing 25 watt laser with Epilog.
I checked on the website this weekend and no longer is the 25 watt featured as a product even with the Zing. The change must of happened during 2009. I purchased a 25 watt mini 18 at the end of 2008

They just sent me a 35 watt laser tube replacement for my 25 watt after a
series of malfunction issues . I was surprised. No explanation was given and I will be sure and call them AM on Monday. The previous laser tube still had a year left in warranty .

Does anyone know if the power supply in the Mini 18 is interchangeable with the 35 and 25 watt laser tube? -I am a laser user for around a year now and it is sometimes difficult to know what questions I should be asking.

I've been staring at my new 35 watt laser tube all weekend wondering if it could get damaged if I install and try to run a job on the unit without a proper power supply.

Many Thanks!

Emily

Frank Corker
01-24-2010, 10:51 PM
Emily I think it is the same. Until someone like Peck confirms it I might add that it would be extremely doubtful that Epilog would send you something that is not compatible with your system.

Mike Null
01-24-2010, 10:54 PM
Emily

Welcome to SMC.

Peck Sidara offers tech support on behalf of Epilog on this forum and we have a couple of other experts who may weigh in with some advice to help.

Joe Pelonio
01-24-2010, 11:13 PM
I won't swear to it, but thought the mini-18 was originally available with 25, 30 or 35 watts, interchangeable tubes. If it's true you have benefited from the demise of the 25 watt. Just remember all your settings will be different.

I would still talk to Epilog before installing just to be safe. In fact it's best to wait until they are available to help in case you get stuck on the installation
process.

Emily Wilson
01-24-2010, 11:40 PM
Thank you all for the prompt advice and attention to my questions. I am delighted to find a forum for laserists. My unit has been down for a month because the problems started during the beginning of the holiday break for Epilog. I will be happy and relieved when it is up and running again. I am very ready to get back to my projects that have been put on hold .

Dan Hintz
01-25-2010, 8:37 AM
what a great deal... I'd love to see my tube get upgraded gratis...

Frank Corker
01-25-2010, 5:51 PM
Dan give me five grand and I'll get that sorted for you.

Emily Wilson
01-25-2010, 6:25 PM
Okay, guess what.....
The replacement tube is not actually a 35 watt. They are charged with such like a battery and the new one I have is actually a 25 watt with a 35 watt invoice. dern.

Anyway, the tech help is excellent at Epilog. I am a novice laserist and sometimes don't know what to think or ask. Looks like I will be back on track.
Someday a higher wattage and larger cutting bed will be in my future.
Gotta sell a bunch of stuff first......

Thank you all !

Dan Hintz
01-26-2010, 7:05 AM
Frank, DONE! I'll take a 75W cartridge, please :) I think I may still be coming out ahead...

Tim Bateson
01-27-2010, 10:31 AM
I see on their website that both the Mini18 and Mini24 have changed available tubes. They seem to have done away with the 25, 35, & 45 watt tubes.

Mini18 - 30 & 40 watts
Mini24 - 30, 40, 50, 60 watts (didn't this use to be maxed out at 45 watts?)

Peck, any word on this & would I have to swap out my power supply on my Mini24-35watt for a 60 watt tube?

Peck Sidara
01-27-2010, 1:00 PM
Tim,

We have recently (within past 6-9 months) changed our available wattages. All the new wattages are available on our home page. Zing16 & Mini 18 are available in 30 & 40Watts. Zing24 & Mini24 is available in 30, 40, 50 & 60Watts. Helix is the same but with available 75Watts. Legend EXT is same but with available 75 & 120Watts.

For your 35Watt, you can upgrade to 60Watts and yes it would require a dual power supply, a new fan panel and possibly a small harness, all of which is easily done w/ or w/out the help of our technical support.
Please contact your local rep for further details.

For existing customers with the original wattage configurations (25, 35, 45W) who needs a replacement will receive the same wattage as the original. 25W for 25W etc.

It should also be noted that all of the replacement tubes will be rated to output the bare minimum and in most cases, will be higher by 3-10watts of actual output power.

HTH,

Tim Bateson
01-27-2010, 1:40 PM
Thanks Peck. We all appreciate your continued support on this forum.