PDA

View Full Version : HD - Red sticker on price signs.....

JohnT Fitzgerald
01-24-2010, 8:48 PM
Anyone noticed colored stickers on the price display/sign at HD? I saw these on maybe 305 of the items in the tool aisle of the local HD. The one HD associate I asked didn't seem to know why. He offered maybe it was for the hottest selling items....but since it was on the price sign for the Ridgid 6" jointer, and they have one on the shelf that's been there for *months*, I doubt that....

Jim Rimmer
01-24-2010, 8:57 PM
I don't know what they are for but it seems like my local HD is constantly doing inventory. Maybe they are some kind of indicator that the particular item has been counted. :confused:

Myk Rian
01-24-2010, 9:05 PM
Some that I saw were asking a girl to look for the item.

Jim Becker
01-25-2010, 10:04 PM
Any time I've seen red price stickers on shelves at HD, it's usually a sale or closeout item.

JohnT Fitzgerald
01-25-2010, 10:08 PM
Any time I've seen red price stickers on shelves at HD, it's usually a sale or closeout item.

Thanks for the replies.

The next time I'm in I'm going to ask a few more people. They have one of the Ridgid jointers on the shelf - and it's even been moved around a few times - but the HD online site says it's "online only" (and not available in my store). Makes me wonder if they even know they have it?? :confused:

Chris Kennedy
01-26-2010, 7:49 AM
If they are the same stickers that I have seen, my local HD had one on the Ridgid jointer as well. It was an inventory tag, pointing out where the last one was located in the rafters.

Cheers,

Chris

Dave Johnson29
01-26-2010, 12:10 PM
Anyone noticed colored stickers on the price display/sign at HD?

My guess is to indicate that the item has been stock-counted for end of year inventory. It's Tax time folks. :eek::D:D