PDA

View Full Version : Carton Staplers

Robert McGowen
01-24-2010, 5:28 PM
Anyone use a carton stapler? I have a business and need something faster than taping cardboard boxes every day. Most of the cartons are fairly large and in the 25-50 pound range. For the cost of the stapler and 25,000 staples ($210) I would have enough to last a life time of shipping. I am just concerned about how much weight they will hold. Also, do they need something directly underneath the box to push against or would they staple close a box with that might be partially empty with nothing to push against? Thanks!

Dave Johnson29
01-24-2010, 6:44 PM
do they need something directly underneath the box to push against or would they staple close a box with that might be partially empty with nothing to push against?

Hi Robert,

Usually the inner two flaps are sufficient as long as you do not push down too hard. Takes a little practice.

Be aware that the staple goes in about 1/2" to 3/4" deep inside the box as it is being punched through and then hooked back up.

Depending what you are packaging a 1/2" PVC Tape and metal clamp crimper may be preferable.

Robert McGowen
01-24-2010, 6:57 PM
Thanks for the reply. After a little research, the poly tape looks like it may be the way to go. Less than a $100 For 9000' of tape and 1000 buckles.

Dave Johnson29
01-31-2010, 6:04 PM
Thanks for the reply. After a little research, the poly tape looks like it may be the way to go. Less than a $100 For 9000' of tape and 1000 buckles.

Robert,

If it is not too late, make sure you get the metal crimps and crimper. The plastic buckles are useless. They also do not allow the carton to slide and stack neatly. They are very difficult to get tight enough IMHO.

Mitchell Andrus
01-31-2010, 6:55 PM
I got a pneumatic stapler (U-Line's house brand model) about 1 year ago and wish that I had gotten it before my tape dispenser. Easily cuts an hour a week off of my pick-pack-ship sessions. Altering a box to fit with a stapler is a breeze compared to H2O or plastic tape. A LOT easier on the hands too.