PDA

View Full Version : info/manual request

Rick Moyer
01-24-2010, 12:23 PM
Anyone have access to a owners manual for a delta/rockwell belt/disk sander model 31-710? I looked on OWWM, etc. can only find a parts list diagram, no operator manual. Don't know if there even was one.

More specificly, how does one go about removing and installing the adhesive sanding disk(s)? seems like it's stuck pretty well.

Harry Hagan
01-24-2010, 12:30 PM
http://www.dewaltservicenet.com/Products/DocumentView.aspx?productid=67269&typeId=14751&documentId=34021

Rick Moyer
01-24-2010, 5:11 PM
Thanks Harry. I had already downloaded your supplied parts diagram from OWWM. I suppose the newer manual cannot be much different than the original, huh? I'll print it off. Thanks again.

Steven Satur
01-24-2010, 6:40 PM
I have the same machine. I just use a putty knife, get it between the disc and paper, pry off the old paper. What ever is left, just start the machine , and use the knife like you are using a scraper on a lathe, and plane the rest off. You willend up with a clean disc. Steve.

Rick Moyer
01-24-2010, 10:54 PM
I have the same machine. I just use a putty knife, get it between the disc and paper, pry off the old paper. What ever is left, just start the machine , and use the knife like you are using a scraper on a lathe, and plane the rest off. You willend up with a clean disc. Steve.
Thanks Steve. I recently pick this unit up and haven't cleaned it up or used it yet. Not claiming a gloat yet until I can check it out more.