PDA

View Full Version : Power Respirators

W.C. Turner
10-20-2004, 12:58 PM
Anybody here use the power respirators, such as the Triton, Trend airshield, etc? Are you satisfied with their operation?

Thanks,

W.C.

Betsy Yocum
10-20-2004, 1:10 PM
W.C. - I have the Triton - love it - with one exception - it seems that after you change the battery several times the filter does not sit straight and the buttom to turn the filter on and off can get stuck. That may be because I've been rough handling the mask. Long and short though I wear the Triton all the time and it works well.

Betsy

Kevin Gerstenecker
10-20-2004, 1:35 PM
I have had the Trend Airshield for a few months now, and I love it. Very good unit, I don't turn or sand without it. I wear a beard, and it is a great option for us bearded woodworkers. I checked out several of the powered units, and decided on the Trend. I am glad I did..............I would buy it again, for sure! :)

Jack Hogoboom
10-20-2004, 2:21 PM
I also have the Trend and like it very much. It's lightweight and easy to adjust, comfortable to wear, etc.

Jack

Dick Parr
10-20-2004, 5:02 PM
I have the Trend Airsheild and love it.

W.C. Turner
10-20-2004, 7:16 PM
It appears that most have the Trend.

In the catalogs I see replacements for Main filter, pre-filters, face seals, etc.

1) How often are you required to replace all these elements?

2) Is it often enough that one should purchase them in advance, when the Trend is purchased initially?

3) I already have sinus problems, so, I've got to get some protection. Those of you that use the Trend, does it do a good job of keeping the fine dust out, like when sanding bowls?

Thanks,

W.C.

Dick Parr
10-20-2004, 9:41 PM
W.C. the Trend does a good job of keeping the fine dust out and away from the nose. :D After every time I use it, I vacuum the pre-filter off before I put it away and it show very little wear so far but I know I will be replacing it sooner or later.

I would get the pre-filter 3 pack and 1 extra battery when you order.

Here is where I got mine, it's about the best price around.

http://www.airwareamerica.com/airshield.htm

Enjoy it, I do. :D

Earl Reid
10-20-2004, 10:29 PM
I have the trend , W.C. you can't go wrong with it. I clean it as necessary and get a good 4 hr on a battery. The pre filter gets almost all the dust. The other guys said it all.
Earl

chris toomey
10-21-2004, 6:02 AM
can you wear eye glasses comfortably under the shield? i've been thinking about these for a while now, as my dust collection is less than perfect.

Ken Salisbury
10-21-2004, 6:20 AM
I have the trend , W.C. you can't go wrong with it. I clean it as necessary and get a good 4 hr on a battery. The pre filter gets almost all the dust. The other guys said it all.
Earl

Same here ! ! !

can you wear eye glasses comfortably under the shield? i've been thinking about these for a while now, as my dust collection is less than perfect.

I wear bifocals and have no problem wearing them under The Trend.

Dick Parr
10-21-2004, 8:42 AM
I also have bi-focals and can see clearly.