PDA

View Full Version : Leopardwood Pen with CA Finsih

John Grabowski
01-23-2010, 5:18 PM
This is a leopardwood pen finished using my CA method. This is the pen that was made during the video that I showed on my youtube video of my CA Finish process.

http://www.youtube.com/grub32

My photo doesnt how how shiny this baby really is...I didnt have the time to set up the correct lighting and tripod for this shot so I just used my auto focus and clicked the photo. Normally, I use a backdrop, photo tent. I set the tripod up and photograph it using the timer so I dont shake will the aperture is open. Does a much better job.

Thanks for looking,

Grub

Steve Schlumpf
01-23-2010, 6:43 PM
John - very good looking pen! I am not a pen turner but enjoyed your video on finishing! Looks like you have done it before - well at least a few times - and it sure makes a difference in the finished look!

Thanks for sharing! I am sure there are a number of folks that can benefit from the video! Thanks for sharing!

Bernie Weishapl
01-23-2010, 6:45 PM
Great looking pen and nice video. I finish mine the same as you do with straight thin CA about 6 or 7 coats with accelerator but then buffed with the beall buff. Really puts a smooth finish and shine to them.

David E Keller
01-23-2010, 8:30 PM
Nice looking pen and a nice finish. thanks for the video as well.

John Grabowski
01-24-2010, 7:45 AM
Thanks for looking and thanks for the comments.

John G