PDA

View Full Version : 6in Thein seperator

Bill Leonard
01-23-2010, 8:43 AM
Has anyone built and used a pre-seperator with a thein baffle using 6 inch inlet and outlet, and if so, what are your impressions?

mickey cassiba
01-23-2010, 10:22 AM
Has anyone built and used a pre-seperator with a thein baffle using 6 inch inlet and outlet, and if so, what are your impressions?
I just finished one with 9" in/out. Still needs a little tweaking, but it really makes a difference. I'm running it with a 10HP grizz.I've ordered some wynn filters to complete the setup.
I'll post pics when I get my picture taker back from my wife.
Mick

Peter Aeschliman
01-23-2010, 2:34 PM
6" works great. I have it on my 4-bagger 3hp grizzly with wynn filters.

Go for it.

Dan Friedrichs
01-23-2010, 10:10 PM
+1. Works great. I put it into the existing ring on my 2HP Grizzly unit, then removed the top bag and built an adapter plate to vent outside (whatever normally would go into the top bag now goes outside). Absolutely no visible chips end up outside.

don kellog
01-25-2010, 2:04 PM
What did you all use for a container with 6" connections? I am worried that a standard metal trash can will be too sma? Any final pics? If you did it all over again, any suggestions you would make?

Peter Aeschliman
01-25-2010, 3:50 PM
I use the thick clear plastic bags, but that's because my setup has the thein baffles built into the rings in the DC. In other words, all material passes through the impeller before it hits the baffle.

Not idea, but it was the simplest way to do it given my setup.

If you're going to do a pre-separator setup, then a metal garbage can is a fine option. It would take a few weeks to fill it up in my shop, but if you do tons of planing and jointing and you work in your shop 8 hours/day, then it might get annoying.

don kellog
01-25-2010, 4:19 PM
I would prefer the setup you described. I have the two canister grizley. Do you have any pics.