PDA

View Full Version : Grizzly 0444Z is in and assembled

Chad Easterling
01-23-2010, 6:17 AM
Unfortunately, its 4 AM and the wife and kid is sleeping so I can't try it out :rolleyes: Assembly went easily enough. Grizzly could improve a few of the pictures so its easier to see orientation, but overall it went well.

I can't wait to cut a piece of wood with it. I've been using a Craftsman benchtop for years and I know there won't be any comparison.

Van Huskey
01-23-2010, 7:25 AM
Unfortunately, its 4 AM and the wife and kid is sleeping so I can't try it out :rolleyes: Assembly went easily enough. Grizzly could improve a few of the pictures so its easier to see orientation, but overall it went well.

I can't wait to cut a piece of wood with it. I've been using a Craftsman benchtop for years and I know there won't be any comparison.

Know what its like to want to crank up a tool early in the AM and have to wait. Just one cut can make you feel so much better. Since everyone might not know the 0444Z is a 2hp contractor TS. I am waiting on a new TS myself, it has been sitting 100 miles away at the freight terminal for 2 weeks because of lift gate issues and I am getting really impatient, but it should be here on Tuesday morning, and I wll probably fell exactly like you sometime late Tuesday night!

Roger Bullock
01-23-2010, 8:03 AM
Ah go ahead and fire that baby up and rip a few. A friend of mine says "Sometimes it is easier to ask for forgiveness than it is to ask for permission." I'm not saying that it works but he thought so. His wife got the house in the divorce.

Seth Ambrose
01-23-2010, 11:33 AM
Congrats!

:D

Bob Haskett
01-23-2010, 11:48 AM
Not that it matters now that it is 10am...but, not sure about that model, but I very seriously doubt that my R4511 would wake my wife up and our door to the garage is about 10 feet from the entrance to our bedroom.

glenn bradley
01-23-2010, 12:56 PM
Not that it matters now that it is 10am...but, not sure about that model, but I very seriously doubt that my R4511 would wake my wife up and our door to the garage is about 10 feet from the entrance to our bedroom.

The table saw won't wake her. Its the DC that'll do that :D.

Ken Fitzgerald
01-23-2010, 1:06 PM

Sure you could try it.

You only die once!

But slow torture...well that could go one for along time!:rolleyes:

Congrats on the new tool! May it serve you well!

Bob Haskett
01-23-2010, 2:00 PM
The table saw won't wake her. Its the DC that'll do that :D.

Ahh gotcha!

Chad Easterling
01-25-2010, 9:26 AM
The wrath of a woman can be painful sometimes..... she would have forgiven me at first, but I would have been paying the consequences by the end of the day :)

Van Huskey
01-25-2010, 11:45 AM
So have you had a chance to make some wood chips yet?

Chad Easterling
01-25-2010, 12:00 PM
Yep. Built two drawers for an entertainment center I am working on Sunday. It is so much better than what I was using I still have the smile on my face :D.