PDA

View Full Version : I need info on Unisaw Tableboard

Greg Bender
01-22-2010, 7:19 PM
If anybody has a Unisaw without a right side cast iron wing ,I was wondering if I could get the length of the table board on your saw.I bought a year old Unisaw and it came without a tableboard and legs.I've made the legs from extruded aluminum but the length is not in the manual and I don't have it setup to measure of the fence rail.
Thanx,Greg

Gerry Grzadzinski
01-22-2010, 7:52 PM
I don't have a factory table, but I made mine 53-1/2", which is just about flush with the end of my Unifence rail.

Greg Bender
01-22-2010, 8:29 PM
Gerry,
Thanx for the info.I had measured the angle iron support holding it with a c-clamp and was in the 43 to 44 inch range so 53.5 sounds right in the ballpark.
Thanx again,
Greg

Dan Forman
01-23-2010, 4:03 AM
Table board by itself is 44". Wing is 10".

Dan

Greg Bender
01-23-2010, 8:53 AM
Dan,
The saw I got did not come with any wings either.I found one on SMC through one of our members for the left side .I was going to go with no wing on the right and just build a longer table board.I'm working through figuring how to attach it since I have none of the hardware either.My saw was installed in the middle of a large table that wrapped around the saw and they lost all the extra's when the business went under.I got a pretty good deal on the year old saw.I was following your post on outfeed tables also,I have alot to build up.Thanx for the info,
Greg

Dan Forman
01-23-2010, 4:44 PM
Greg--- Call Delta and ask what size bolt is used to attach the wings. There should be three tapped holes along each side of the table where the wings would have attached. Just get some bolts to fit the holes, and fasten whatever you come up with to them. Leave a little room for adjustment in the holes or slots on the extension, and fine tune the same way you would for the cast iron wing, using friction to hold in place. You may have to tighten periodically if the wood compresses or shrinks.

Dan