PDA

View Full Version : PLS-360 laser problem

David Dustin
01-22-2010, 6:09 PM
My laser just started flaking out on the 3rd part (of 3).

The text is a tiff from the client, but now regular font does it too. (top image is the bad one, bottom is the bad)

Anyone else run into this (yes I have rebooted the computer and restarted the laser).

Thanks,
David

http://www.dustinproductions.com/wip/Laser/photo1.jpg

http://www.dustinproductions.com/wip/Laser/photo.jpg

Scott Shepherd
01-22-2010, 7:50 PM
Haven't seen that before. What driver are you using?

Latest is 5.27.50 I believe. I'm on 5.27.48.17, and don't have the latest either, but I'm sure step 1 will be "What version driver to you have?" followed by "You need to upgrade that to the latest version".

There have been a large number of fixes over the last 4 or 5 versions released. It might solve the issue.

David Dustin
01-22-2010, 8:31 PM
Steve,
Is there a DL link for the drivers?

I'll check and post back here as to the driver version.

The odd thing is we havent had any problems at all with the current driver before this..

Thanks for helping!

David

Mike Ireland
01-22-2010, 9:02 PM
What's the material? It looks like it is glass. If it is glass, you may be getting flaking due to too much pulsing on the glass. Glass does great at about 70% grey instead of 100% black. If it's not glass, then I'm not sure what it could be.

David Dustin
01-23-2010, 9:28 AM
Mike,
It is black marble, first 2 parts were fine, the 3rd had this symptom.

David

Dan Hintz
01-25-2010, 8:18 AM
David,

Was the screwed up one using text or TIFF? If using text, try changing the text to curves. When using Inkscape, I have the problem seen in the top part of the pic where text crams together... the higher the resolution I select, the more the text would cram together.

David Dustin
01-28-2010, 8:31 AM
Darrell from Universal Laser contacted me regarding the issue.
He said their Engineers thought the offending pplate could have been out of focus, meaning it was a different hieght.

Of course I am thinking that couldnt possibly be true.

Sure enough, I adjusted the Z for the offending plate and it was off.

We were using the HPDFO lens so I guess any little variance could have caused it.

David