PDA

View Full Version : Wanted - United States Constitution Vector Image

Tim Bateson
01-22-2010, 5:26 PM
I'm looking for a vector image of The United States Constitution. All of the pictures I've found are in pretty bad shape as is the original document. I'm looking for a cleaned up image that is laser friendly.
We the People of the United States...

David Dockstader
01-22-2010, 9:00 PM
I think that is what you actually want. The Constitution is a WHOLE LOT LONGER. The Declaration isn't small, but it can at least fit on a page - a big page, but a page.

Guy Mathews
01-22-2010, 10:36 PM
Tim

The original Constitution was 4 pages long. Most companies that sell reproductions sell posters that have all 4 pages printed as one. You can find these on Amazon and Feebay!

I am not sure what you are up to with this project, but if you are going to laser each individual page on 4 seperate plaques or substrates then frame and display accordingly, all I can say is...

"I look forward to seeing it!"

Can't help you with the artwork, but I love the fact that you are going to try soemthing with the Constitution. Good luck on your search and be sure to share the photos of the finished project.

Guy

Tim Bateson
01-22-2010, 11:09 PM
I only need the 1st page. I'm making a plaque for a restaurant a friend of mine will soon be opening.

Bruce Hoffman
01-23-2010, 4:06 AM
How about the source?

http://www.archives.gov/exhibits/charters/charters_downloads.html

None the worse for wear after all these years.

Guy Mathews
01-23-2010, 9:26 AM
Tim,

Have you considered the good old copy, paste and switch forgery method? Just go to a website that has the the text of the page/pages you need, copy, paste into Word, Corel, PS or whatever, and then switch the font to either Linotype Constitution or Caslon. If you have PS, you can download a Hi-res graphic of old parchment and use it as a background for the text.

Guy

Joel Diffendarfer
01-24-2010, 7:03 AM
Hi all, I'm new here and this is my first post, please bear with me...
I have done many of the Delclaration, Gettysburg Address, Emancipation , etc. so far...I do them on 18" x 24" Solid cherry doors with Maple MDF panels. The contrast works very well when finished.
On my original Declaration, I spent about two weeks of editing the background out bit by bit until all I was left with was the writing. I sell most of these peices of art at gunshows. I have also, using the same file, reversed it and engraved it into plexiglass and then back painted it it both black and gold.

I have made many changes to the files since then. I will be glad to share the files if anybody is intrested.

http://sawdustinmyeyes.com/table_shot_800x600.jpg

Mike Null
01-24-2010, 7:22 AM
Joel

Welcome to SMC and thanks for posting some of your work.

Neat idea!

Anthony Welch
01-24-2010, 8:54 AM
Nice work Joel. Good idea with the cabinet doors.

Anthony

Belinda Barfield
01-24-2010, 8:54 AM
Nice work Joel! Welcome to the Creek.

Tim, I think you've found your man!

Tim Bateson
01-24-2010, 10:15 AM
Nice work Joel. Do you build your own cabinet frames?
I too have cleaned up the Declaration of Independence as you have. However most of the small text is still illegible. It was a big hit as gifts last 4th of July.
Since no one has shared, I’ve been working on the 1st page of the Constitution. It does take a lot of time & I’m just a couple days away from a workable graphic.

Steven Wallace
01-24-2010, 1:01 PM
Great works of historical art.

Dee Gallo
01-24-2010, 1:16 PM
Welcome to the Creek! Those are beautifully done, and you're right, the contrast is very nice. Did you put any finish over the engraving? Has anyone used them for actual cabinet doors? Just curious. Would make a great display in a school, library or law office!

Thanks for posting, dee

Frank Corker
01-24-2010, 2:28 PM
Welcome to the Creek Joel. Nice job on the artwork there, stuff looks great!

Joe Hayes
01-24-2010, 8:27 PM
Your work is extremely nice and I would love to have some of the files, since you kindly offered.

Thank You

Joel Diffendarfer
01-25-2010, 9:06 PM
Hello all,

Thanks so much for the welcome--I was a bit taken back by the PMs. give me a day or two and i will post my files. --right now i have to fix laser wife first--she decided to go to sleep right in the middle of...
of lasering laser tile (im working on a Houdini wall mural on laser tile). Hopefully its just a fuse (again) or just the transformer (again). At least this time its not the computer. (more power Egor-more power--whoops)

George Beck
01-26-2010, 3:20 PM
Great work Joel! I like it.

Tim
I have done the preamble to the Constitution if that helps. made a nice plaque for a law student.

George

John Frazee
02-02-2010, 11:20 AM
Hello all,

Thanks so much for the welcome--I was a bit taken back by the PMs. give me a day or two and i will post my files. --right now i have to fix laser wife first--she decided to go to sleep right in the middle of...
of lasering laser tile (im working on a Houdini wall mural on laser tile). Hopefully its just a fuse (again) or just the transformer (again). At least this time its not the computer. (more power Egor-more power--whoops)

Waiting patiently..... just wondering if your laser made it ok, wife? Hope everything is fine.

Tim Bateson
03-05-2010, 2:05 PM
Here is the final product as shrink wrap packaged for an up-coming charity auction. Thanks to Mark Reynolds, I was able to combine his efforts & mine to get a clean copy of the Declaration of Independence. The Preamble to the Constitution was just as challenging to recreate. There was at least 40 man-hours of work put into this presentation set. No profit, but I now have usable graphics for future use.

George Beck
03-05-2010, 2:38 PM
All I can say is WOW!

George

James & Zelma Litzmann
03-05-2010, 4:02 PM
It is absolutely BEAUTIFUL!

Jim Good
03-05-2010, 5:41 PM
Goodness Tim! It gave me goose bumps.

Be very proud of that piece of art. Great job.

Jim

Steven Wallace
03-05-2010, 10:07 PM
Tim excellent job. Thanks for sharing!!!

Robert Gauntt
03-08-2010, 2:43 PM
:) Hi Joel,
Welcome to the creek. Nice work. I'm definitely interested in the files for Delclaration, Gettysburg Address, and Emancipation.
Thanks,
Bob

John Frazee
03-09-2010, 9:58 AM
:) Hi Joel,
Welcome to the creek. Nice work. I'm definitely interested in the files for Delclaration, Gettysburg Address, and Emancipation.
Thanks,
Bob

Me toooooo! Joel posted here only two times and both were on this thread. His last post was 1-25-2010. I wish he would come back! His work looks extremely nice. If he didn't share his files, which I hope he will, I wouldn't mind drooling over photos of his other work!:D

Christian Weiss
03-14-2010, 1:09 PM
Hi Tim, George, Joel, and others.

I am also interested in the files all of you have created. I am doing a non profit project for the high school i am an alumnus of; that being, to laser copies of the declaration, constitution, gettysburg address and other historic documents for a permanent hallway display called "Cannons of Freedom" This will be a way for the students to read and appreciate the documents as they originally appeared. I am not charging the school for my work and a local tile store is donating the 12x12 Black Granite tiles. Anyone willing to send me thier files please email me at entrepreneuroh@aol.com . I will gladly include credit for your contribution on the Donor Plaque and we can provide a charitable contribution letter for tax deduction purposes. You may also call me at 440-221-9973.

Thanks so much for any help anyone is willing to offer.

Chris Weiss

Craig E Young
04-04-2014, 10:01 PM
Hi Joel,
I know this is an old post, but I was wondering if you still have these files to share? I have volunteered to make wall plaques for my son's grade school with words from Declaration of Independence, US Constitution, and Gettysburg Address. It would save me a huge amount of time of someone else has already cleaned yu these files.

Thanks, Craig