PDA

View Full Version : Drawer slide delivery

Rick Potter
01-22-2010, 4:29 AM
So....after ordering 149 sets of drawer slides from Woodworker Hardware on Tuesday, I get a phone call Wednesday morning from a shipping company. Guy asks me if this is a residence? I say yes. He asks if I have a loading dock. I say no. He says "OK we will have to send it on a lift gate truck".

I get a call Thursday, and the guy asks me if they can deliver next Tuesday between 12 and 2. I say yes. He says it will be delivered and the shipment weighs 560 pounds. I say WOW.

Actually that is a triple WOW:
1: That it will be delivered one week after I ordered it.
2: That it weighs 560 pounds, I hadn't given that much thought.
3: That it cost $15 for delivery.

Rick Potter

Peter Stahl
01-22-2010, 5:47 AM
What are you doing with all them slides? What kind are they?

Mitchell Andrus
01-22-2010, 9:57 AM
I'm betting that you could have skipped the lift gate and just unloaded the pallet while on the truck. They are likely in boxes of 10 with a mile of plastic wrap holding them down.

Jeffrey Makiel
01-22-2010, 10:06 AM
560 pounds of draw slides! Holy cow!.

If you put them end to end, I bet they reach from New York City to Chicago. When opened, all the way to San Francisco.

-Jeff :)

Peter Stahl
01-22-2010, 3:02 PM
560 pounds of draw slides! Holy cow!.

If you put them end to end, I bet they reach from New York City to Chicago. When opened, all the way to San Francisco.

-Jeff :)

Unless he got 3/4 slides then to Utah I guess, lol

Rick Potter
01-23-2010, 5:04 AM
They are KV full extension. On sale now. I put a post on the bargain section.

I am building 1 1/2 kitchens four bathrooms, closet organizers, large pantry, two built in hutches, and some for the shop. I expect to have it all done....someday.

Seemed logical to order them all at once, because of the $15 shipping.

Rick Potter

Kevin Groenke
01-23-2010, 10:46 AM
I don't need a liftgate, so we've had 1200 delivered FREE!

Woodworkers Hardware is a great outfit.

-kg

Craig D Peltier
01-23-2010, 11:27 AM
They are KV full extension. On sale now. I put a post on the bargain section.

I am building 1 1/2 kitchens four bathrooms, closet organizers, large pantry, two built in hutches, and some for the shop. I expect to have it all done....someday.

Seemed logical to order them all at once, because of the $15 shipping.

Rick Potter

I used to order the KVs for there cost. Changed to blum, they slide so much easier than the KV.Some of the Kvs feel like your pulling them through too much grease.