PDA

View Full Version : The Chatter Tool Worked

Dick Parr
10-19-2004, 10:22 PM
Since I made the rattles for the twin girls, I needed something for our grandson so he doesn't feel left out. Last week on Turning Techniques on the DIY channel they showed how to make spinning tops and I decided that would be good for the grandson. I just didn't want to go spending $50-$60 for a chatter tool so I started looking. :D

Well that chatter tool I made this weekend works. I will still make a couple of other tips for it, this first one I think is a little to long. But then again, I have never used one before or held one so I am only guessing.

I found the design at the below link and it is a design by Ken Grunke.

http://www.crwoodturner.com/chatterwork/

Lots of pictures for Tyler. :D And Chris. :D :D

Thanks for looking.

John Miliunas
10-19-2004, 10:45 PM
Yup, I'd say it worked just fine, Dick! :) Ahhh, one of these years...That is, if I still remember where the "On/Off" switches are for the lathes! :( :cool:

Dominic Greco
10-20-2004, 7:52 AM
Dick,
Nice job on making the chatter tool! I always love to see someone make a tool that works as well (or even better) than the ones you can buy in the stores.

Jack Hogoboom
10-20-2004, 7:52 PM
Dick,

Really nice tops. I also like the chatter patterns. I made some of those tops with my kids after seeing that episode. We colored them with felt-tip pens. I made the ones with the dowel running through a small blank. Broke a few, but most turned out OK. Knowing me, I'll end up buying the chatter tool rather than making it....

Thanks for sharing.

Jack

Dean Baumgartner
10-20-2004, 11:28 PM
Yup, I'd say it worked just fine, Dick! :) Ahhh, one of these years...That is, if I still remember where the "On/Off" switches are for the lathes! :( :cool:

John, just keep telling yourself the world is flat the world is flat and these un-natural desires to use spinny things will go away.

Dick,
They are very nice tops, I'm sure your grandson will love them.

Dean