PDA

View Full Version : Milwaukee sliding Miter Saw

Paul Zonneveld
01-21-2010, 3:09 PM
Anyone know what happened at HD with the $300 blow out of the Milwaukee sliding miter saws? Missed out on this one and was just one day short of picking one of these up. HD in phoenix was completely sold out the day before I got there. Is Milwaukee introducing something else or just moving product?

Van Huskey
01-21-2010, 3:17 PM
I have seen this discussed n several places but no real answer has been proffered. The resoning I have seen behind the Dewalt stuff makes more sense, they needed to dump the Nicad stuff to make market room to lower the prce of the lithium batteried sets. My WAG on the Milwaukee is HD just needed to floor space, they carry a LOT of CSMS and they are rather bulky, the Milwaukee probably given its price pont and short span on the market may have been their worst seller of the $600+ saws so it made sence to dump them and get the SKU off the floor. I never surprised when a manufacturer changes its product line but the saw in question hasn't been on the market long enough to be changed in the ordinary model cycle for Milwaukee.

Matt Stiegler
01-21-2010, 4:10 PM
HD seems to have moved recently to a philosophy on stocking/pricing that says when they decide to clear something out they want it gone today. The crazy sale on the DW735 planer last year is the clearest example, but there have been many others (including the other wacky deals that ran the same time as the SCMS). So I'm inclined to think the steep discount doesn't have much to do with the merits of that saw, but instead is just another illustration of HD's current approach to stocking decisions.

Dave Lehnert
01-21-2010, 4:43 PM
HD seems to have moved recently to a philosophy on stocking/pricing that says when they decide to clear something out they want it gone today. The crazy sale on the DW735 planer last year is the clearest example, but there have been many others (including the other wacky deals that ran the same time as the SCMS). So I'm inclined to think the steep discount doesn't have much to do with the merits of that saw, but instead is just another illustration of HD's current approach to stocking decisions.

I never could figure lowes out. They will take a seasonal item like a heater clearance it out at 75% off, Next month restock the same item at full retail.

Callan Campbell
01-21-2010, 5:19 PM
Great, I bought my 12" SCMS model a week or two before Christmas, at the regular $549 price. When in the heck did the really low price roll out?:mad:

Paul Zonneveld
01-21-2010, 5:27 PM
I saw it just a couple of weeks after Christmas. Really fried me as it was one of the models I was looking at and wanted and would have bought at that price.

Van Huskey
01-21-2010, 5:27 PM
They had a big clearance on Rigid, Dewalt, Ryobi, Milwaukee etc, it started last week. Look in the deals section of the forum for the info.

G. Brad Schmidt
01-21-2010, 6:05 PM
Great, I bought my 12" SCMS model a week or two before Christmas, at the regular $549 price. When in the heck did the really low price roll out?:mad:

HD will return the difference in price if the item was purchased within their 90 day window.

If you waxed the sale on your CC you don't even need your receipt. They keep credit card sales on data base.

http://www.clicksmilies.com/auswahl/ernaehrung004.gif (http://www.clicksmilies.com/s1106/ernaehrung/food-drink-smilies.html)

Van Huskey
01-21-2010, 6:12 PM
HD will return the difference in price if the item was purchased within their 90 day window.

If you waxed the sale on your CC you don't even need your receipt. They keep credit card sales on data base.

http://www.clicksmilies.com/auswahl/ernaehrung004.gif (http://www.clicksmilies.com/s1106/ernaehrung/food-drink-smilies.html)

Depends on the store, often people are told it is 30 days for price match not 90.

Callan Campbell
01-21-2010, 7:53 PM
Depends on the store, often people are told it is 30 days for price match not 90.
Either way, 30 or 90 days, it's worth a try, the most they can do is say no, and I still get to keep a saw that I really like and replaced my much smaller 8 1/4" Ryobi model slider. I'll let you know how it worked[or didn't]Thanks for the encouragement..:cool:

Ron Bontz
01-21-2010, 8:01 PM
Just a thought. Didn't Milwaukee and Bosch merge a while back? Or am I confusing them with all the other mergers limiting the competition?:)

Callan Campbell
01-21-2010, 8:04 PM
Just a thought. Didn't Milwaukee and Bosch merge a while back? Or am I confusing them with all the other mergers limiting the competition?:)
I think you're thinking of Skil and Bosch from a few years back- Milwaukee and Metabo or is it AEG along with Hoover and a bunch of old USA brands that are now part of the same large parent company, I think it's a Chinese mainland company if I remember right. Somebody posted a link about it not long ago, really jolted me cause I didn't know all those brands were being bought/shuffled around.

Van Huskey
01-21-2010, 8:05 PM
Either way, 30 or 90 days, it's worth a try, the most they can do is say no, and I still get to keep a saw that I really like and replaced my much smaller 8 1/4" Ryobi model slider. I'll let you know how it worked[or didn't]Thanks for the encouragement..:cool:

Sorry my point wasn't meant to be a downer, it was to point out if one HD refuses try another, for $250 it might well be worth an extra 30 mins.

G. Brad Schmidt
01-21-2010, 8:48 PM

Their return policy states 90 days (except in RI which is 120).

...I guess if the store manager would rather take back the merch. for a full refund as opposed to giving a "refund difference". In my experience the employees working CS were ALWAYS more than happy to refund the difference.

As for people who are often told 30 days, simply pressing the issue would most likely be an exacting remedy.

Callan Campbell
01-21-2010, 9:38 PM
Sorry my point wasn't meant to be a downer, it was to point out if one HD refuses try another, for $250 it might well be worth an extra 30 mins.

Zero offense taken, I totally got your point, and since the same store that I bought the saw at is on the way home from work, there's no reason NOT to try tomorrow on a refund of some sort. Wish me luck;)

Van Huskey
01-21-2010, 11:37 PM
Zero offense taken, I totally got your point, and since the same store that I bought the saw at is on the way home from work, there's no reason NOT to try tomorrow on a refund of some sort. Wish me luck;)

Good luck, and I don't know where you are at, but I bet if you have issues (not with the 30 days but with the price) I imagine there is someone near you that will scan a receipt for you). There probably is more than one scanned in the deals thread.