PDA

View Full Version : Need help with dxf files

Brian Knuckles
01-21-2010, 3:02 PM
Hello everyone...

I need some help lasering DXF files out of CorelDraw X3.
I am lasering using a Synrad Laser & Marking head

http://www.synrad.com/Products/marking.htm

I am using software called WaveRunner.
Now every time I import a DXF file it doesn't come in correct.

Can anyone tell me the proper way to make a DXF file out of Corel

THx
Danny

Mike Null
01-21-2010, 4:08 PM
If it is Corel file you can either export it or save it as a DXF.

Scott Challoner
01-21-2010, 4:42 PM
Was the dxf created with AutoCAD? For some reason, dxf's imported into Corel have extra lines (each line is repeated 21 times). Before you save as a dxf, first select everything and make everything a 0 width line. I've also just printed the CAD drawing to a pdf and imported it. If the drawing was supplied by someone else, see if they can do either of these for you.

Brian Knuckles
01-21-2010, 6:55 PM
The laser marks very fast when you use a dxf file.

So I am trying to draw patterns in Corel & export them as dxf files.

For example I create a tree (100%blk), looks great in Corel...however when I export it out as a DXF file the image in Waverunner looks choppy. It doesn't even look like the same image anymore.

James Jaragosky
01-21-2010, 7:03 PM
The laser marks very fast when you use a dxf file.

So I am trying to draw patterns in Corel & export them as dxf files.

For example I create a tree (100%blk), looks great in Corel...however when I export it out as a DXF file the image in Waverunner looks choppy. It doesn't even look like the same image anymore.
Please post a file that is giving you trouble so we may look at it. Afterwords we may be able to give you a better answer.
Your description is not enough for us to diagnose your problem.
Jim J

Brian Knuckles
01-21-2010, 7:46 PM
http://www.wclasertile.com/butterfly.zip

here is the corel file

James Jaragosky
01-21-2010, 10:13 PM
http://www.wclasertile.com/butterfly.zip

here is the corel file
I down loaded your file and it looked fine in CorelDraw. I converted it to a Plt file and ran it on my machine. It came out fine with some really good detail.
So my guess is that you problem is with the other software.
Jim J.

Jon Colley
01-22-2010, 9:22 AM
I don't know that software package, but I can tell you that there are many versions of DXF. Corel should give you a screen to select which version you want to output. It defaults to ACAD 2002 on Corel 11 and higher versions on the newer Corel versions. This will output a DXF with splines which may not be readable by your other package. Try R13 and this will likely work for you.

Brian Knuckles
01-22-2010, 11:28 AM
Thx everyone for you help...on Monday I'll try contacting the Software company and go from there..see if the offer any support.

James Leonard
01-22-2010, 3:49 PM
Hi Brian,

I used a tool to make two DXF files from that drawing, please give them a try. They are attached in a ZIP archive.

-James